Recruiting Football Talk VII

Anyone not juicing in college athletics or the pros has my respect, but not my empathy. At this point the lines are so blurred it would be impossible not to be engaged in some enhancement.

See the issue is the "back 'em down" style of offense really doesn't exist in the NBA like it did during Shaq's era. Edey won't be able to camp in the paint. I think his methodical and slow offensive approach will suffer against bigs with similar size and more athletic.

Cause the NBA isn't going to give him 20 fouls a night while also not calling any on him. I think foul trouble may derail any production value he adds, so he'll have to adjust a lot more difficult to be dominant and physical if you're not getting the whistles.
Him being pulled to the perimeter by shot taking big men will be interesting.

It will be cool if EA publishes performance from actual play. It will not he apples to apples, but it will be interesting.

Titans I followed several years ago when I lived there. When Henry was young and the team was bad (lines and rebuilding), but then decent. Cannot speak to them now with real knowledge other than I think they needed better lines last year same as Carolina.

Grizz I have never followed and NBA I gave up on when Shinn sold the hornets and Michael managed them like a rec team.

I felt 100% confident Bryce Young would do well at CLT and Levis would suck at Titans. Now I just think it depends on the support either has. Levis would have done himself a lot of favors to never make comments that insinuated our (UT) offense couldn't prepare someone.

Edey in the right system can be serviceable, but meh. My loathing of him is 2 parts his personality and 8 parts the Alabama esque favoritism he saw. That may not be his fault, but he's pretty good playing a villian while acting a victim. He permanently lost any respect from me when he put Rick Barnes name in his mouth.

I do not expect any GM to account for those sorts of opinions, but as an entertainment business first, I might want front office awareness of what i am partnering with.

Texas baseball new head coaches salary $3.88 million a year for 10 years.🧐

Not confirmed but that what's being throwed around. Probably true that oil money flows.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
EA will just look more stupid than they do now when the season plays out.

Titans are back on track now. The only question mark in my mind is Mayo Boy, but he can prove himself up this season with the O-line, WR and RB improvements. If he takes a step forward then all will be well.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaagerVol and mrMet

VN Store

Back