Recruiting Football Talk VII

Or is it because “nEw QuArTerBacK” that we got left out? Joke ass ranking. Could of had Iowa in that top 25 for all I care
Vols are averaging 9th in total offense the past 3 seasons and not to even have them in the top 25 is a joke. Alabama is 25th on average, Miami doesn't even average top 30.

EA will just look more stupid than they do now when the season plays out.

Titans are back on track now. The only quesstion mark in my mind is Mayo Boy, but he can prove himself up this season with the O-line, WR and RB improvements. If he takes a step forward then all will be well.

I don't know about all that... first time HC, still unproven GM, complete roster overhaul...

Gonna be weird watching them without King Henry there...but I will, I just hope Callahan can turn Levis into a legit NFL starter and score some damn points.

They drafted a lot of foundation type pieces, brought in quite a few undrafted free agents that could be core contributors without being flashy. (including 2 former Vols in Jeudy-Lally & Small). The only position group I look at with excitement right now is the WRs... Hopkins, Ridley, Burks, Boyd

I actually liked Vrabel... but Titans have had the same issue for awhile now... they don't have everyone on board and pulling in the same direction.

Ownership, GM and Coach need to all be on the same page...we will see if that's resolved now that Vrabel was fired.
From what I know, it’s 100% resolved and the main reason Vrabel was fired. Now we will see how the product on the field shows as a result. Hopefully it’s great

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
In '22. I'm not sure where we were for '23. Not #1, but I think top25.

We weren't.
37th in PPG
39th in completion %
51st in passing yards per game
65th in passing TDs per game
19th in total yards per game & yards per play

But we were a top 10 rushing team
10th in rushing yards per game
9th in yards per carry
42nd in rushing TDs per game

But Clemson at 10 means they obviously didn't care about '23 stats... cause we were ahead of them in all the ones I just listed, every single one.

I don't know about all that... first time HC, still unproven GM, complete roster overhaul...

Gonna be weird watching them without King Henry there...but I will, I just hope Callahan can turn Levis into a legit NFL starter and score some damn points.

They drafted a lot of foundation type pieces, brought in quite a few undrafted free agents that could be core contributors without being flashy. (including 2 former Vols in Jeudy-Lally & Small). The only position group I look at with excitement right now is the WRs... Hopkins, Ridley, Burks, Boyd
You need to be looking at that DL and DB room (especially if they sign Simmons at S) as exciting groups too. That DL is going to be filthy

Reactions: SoilVol
See the issue is the "back 'em down" style of offense really doesn't exist in the NBA like it did during Shaq's era. Edey won't be able to camp in the paint. I think his methodical and slow offensive approach will suffer against bigs with similar size and more athletic.

Cause the NBA isn't going to give him 20 fouls a night while also not calling any on him. I think foul trouble may derail any production value he adds, so he'll have to adjust a lot more difficult to be dominant and physical if you're not getting the whistles.
I don't know they'll expect him to score much. Really clear out the lanes for Ja to finish at the rim. Get rebounds. See how well he matches up with the current dominant bigs as a defender.

The probably get used a lot in end game scenarios when the game shifts to back-down.

EA will just look more stupid than they do now when the season plays out.

Titans are back on track now. The only question mark in my mind is Mayo Boy, but he can prove himself up this season with the O-line, WR and RB improvements. If he takes a step forward then all will be well.
I hope you’re right about being back on track. I like a lot of the moves they’ve made, but I just don’t like Levis. Partially because of how he acted with UK, but also because I think he was one of the most over hyped guys in the draft. But hopefully I’m wrong and he’s the next Steve McNair.

Reactions: Tennessee Cowboy
Nobody said you did, but the moaning and groaning they don’t pick whatever vols player on the board is ridiculous
Pro teams should pick who they want to help the team. But that’s my beef- I believe DK will produce and was the better pro player. The Grizzlies need a center but can get one in FA who has experience. Edey will have growing pains, and the window is the next 2-3 years with their salaries.

big facts don’t @ me

I don’t understand why anyone does not grasp that there is a major overlap of college and professional sports fans. Many of us just aren’t as fanatical of professional franchises as we are of our college teams because the professional team organizations are not as loyal to their fan bases as colleges.

I follow professional sports still but no longer stick exclusively to a single franchise to support in good times and bad. I now tend to gravitate to following teams with players I am interested in either due to collegiate background, outstanding character, or generational talent.

I may agree with the overall premise that you don’t tie yourself exclusively to local collegiate program when building a team. However it is shortsighted by a franchise to not build additional local fan base support when they overlap with such a significant local collegiate fan base that is so incredibly loyal, at least for occasional roster additions where reasonable.

Yeah secondary should be solid adding Simmons would make it pretty good.

Other than Jeffery Simmons I don't know who excites you on the DL.
Landry, Key, and Weaver return. Sweat was dominant in OTAs. Coburn was solid last year and they picked up a vet in Joseph-Day. Should still get really good production.

Sarkisian & Schlossnagle sounds like a law firm set in a Dr. Seuss book
tumblr_n1ubgkYN681s3y9slo2_500.gif

I don't care about the titans, so I can continue to pull against Levis. I hope he continues to suck.

lol oh come on he is the definition of Mr .500
You ever seen the stats on dominant head coaches? It's funny but they all regress to the mean. Fox got panthers to a title game, they fire him and he went right down the road and did it again at Denver. NFL is 3 parts QB, 3 parts front office alignment, 1-3 parts owner, and 1-3 parts coach. The last one you can slide the ratios as long as you have a strong competent person in both seats and you share a vision.

Patriots at one time had all 3. Cowboys at one time before Jerry refused to have a strong minded coach had all 3. Titans and panthers have maybe 1.

If someone would give Belicheck a chance he'd probably be headed for some pretty mediocre results.

Yeah...dumb narrative that somehow fans of pro teams are only fans of pro teams.

The Colts increased their fanbase big time when they drafted Peyton Manning and his jersey sell numbers in TN alone proved it.

If CMO landed in Atlanta they would ABSOLUTELY benefit.

Dalton Knecht has just been the most recent Vol that really became beloved despite being a 1 & done. He will bring Vols fans to the Lakers and if he's contributing it'll be a lot of them.

Landry, Key, and Weaver return. Sweat was dominant in OTAs. Coburn was solid last year and they picked up a vet in Joseph-Day. Should still get really good production.

OLB, OLB, and OLB... I misunderstood and was only looking at the DE/DT/NT positions... I agree Titans have some very good OLB/EDGE guys on the roster I'm excited about.

Pro teams should pick who they want to help the team. But that’s my beef- I believe DK will produce and was the better pro player. The Grizzlies need a center but can get one in FA who has experience. Edey will have growing pains, and the window is the next 2-3 years with their salaries.
I’ve never liked the Grizzlies myself but I’m glad DK isn’t in that hellhole of a city. I think San Antonio would’ve been nice and I was hoping for the sixers myself

Reactions: SoilVol

VN Store

Back