Recruiting Football Talk VII

That too can be bargained..you are right, it absolutely can not be forced, but limits could be collectively bargained...you gotta give to get.

You think the thousands of kids that will not get a big NIL paycheck won't jump at the chance to make a big piece if they bargain a limit on it?

We will see...this is going to get ugly.
I think that they could collectively bargain for pay to play but i think it will go right back to the courts if they try to limit a players name, image, and likeness.

@SirBigSteve
If the football team wins the SEC Championship and National Championship in dark mode, and then the basketball team wins the SEC Championship and National Championship in dark mode, how can we know it was even Tennessee the whole time?

All the settlement money in the world can't buy the inner peace that I seek

It's been 23yrs since Jeepers Creepers came out. . .
I watched that in a theatre in the middle of the day on a wednesday. Still the only time i've watched a movie as the only person in a theatre room. It was fantastic. I remember yelling at the screen just for fun because no one was there, "No, don't go in there!"

I hope we have a plan for when Elander ultimately and inevitably leaves...I assume we do...Tony knows he is going to get a head coach job at some point.
Tony surely does. I have read that Tony taught Elander hitting and coaching hitting. That's grounds for optimism in the long run, but Elander is his own motivator and dog. Our nutrition and strength coaches are first class too. Part of our package. Elander is recruiting coordinator, too.

Last edited:
My beautiful baby girl. Vols win and I become a dad all within 24 hours.
Your beautiful little girls birth and Sweets death has just made me think of this great truth.."The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord"

Last edited:
You honestly could say that 2021 team I believe that lost to Cincy as the #1 AFC seed may have been the best team we've had since 99!They were dominate at the LOS,had Brown and a decent cast of Wrs that could stress the he'll outta opposing defenses..I've always held firm that if Vrabel stubborn ass wouldn't have tried to shove Henry out there coming off that injury we 100% could have made it to the SB that year!!

Man Foreman was playing great at rb,there was absolutely no need to stick Henry in the game.In the end that stubbornness is what lead to him being a waterboy for the Browns and not a HC.If not for RT throwing 3 ints Vrabel would have gotten fired a year earlier jmo.

RT taking ALL the heat for that loss let a few ppl off the hook,because that play at rb is an all time stupid move by Vrabel.Add to that Bengals players said numerous times they knew every play that was coming basically,they also said a couple guys were tippung ghe sings by hand placements etc basically we were predicafable AF!Tannehill hasn't been great but he unfairly takes alot of criticism that wasn't always all his fault!I appreciate what he did in turning us around foe a few years and shooting a little bit of hope into the dying franchise we called the Tennessee Titans..
Agreed. Stubborn and defensive imo was the biggest down fall of Vrabel and Fisher

Horror movies as a teenager scares most people. Horror movies at 53 years old is like why did I watch this crap.

Saying that Wrong Turn probably my favorite of all times.

Friday the 13th got ridiculous after so many.

My predictions for the Vols.
Barnes at least makes another Elite 8 this coming season and possibly even a final 4.

The Heup makes his first ever playoff appearance under Nico. 10-2 regular season.

Kim Caldwell will have the Lady Vols finish as a top 3 team in SEC year 1. Take it to the bank. Bring it Lucy

Tony V will have basevols back in Omaha next season even after all of the departures.
I'm down with that....
groovy-ash (1).gif

My predictions for the Vols.
Barnes at least makes another Elite 8 this coming season and possibly even a final 4.

The Heup makes his first ever playoff appearance under Nico. 10-2 regular season.

Kim Caldwell will have the Lady Vols finish as a top 3 team in SEC year 1. Take it to the bank. Bring it Lucy

Tony V will have basevols back in Omaha next season even after all of the departures.
My hot take/s: '25 baseball team will be more talented than '24 👀

Nico will be in New York for the heistman

We make the final 4 in football

Barnes & Caldwell both get titles (natties, connies, or both) . . . ((in honor of @bignewt , I believe "conference title" should be referred to as a conny from now on))

View attachment 654660
Many of you know from the "Football Talk" thread, but there are a lot of posters who mostly stay in the recruits' threads and would like to know that @SweetasSoda has passed away after a sudden onset illness of about a month's duration. She posted in threads often and had many friends here. I don't want to post to every thread, and decided this would be a place where nearly everyone would see this message.

She called herself "the captain of the cheerleaders," and she was surely a bright, loyal, enthusiastic lover of Tennessee athletics, football and football recruiting most of all. A "Go Fund Me" account has been set up to help her family with funeral arrangements, if you would like to contribute. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers. It would probably be best if anyone who wanted to remember her in a brief message use the "SweetAsSoda GFM" or "Football Talk" threads, so recruits' thread are not run off-course.

This makes no sense having been moved here from one (and only one) recruit's thread in order to notify people who knew Sweet from her frequent posts in the recruits' threads but who themselves don't post here. Sorry it is out of place now. Not my circus.

Last edited:
Tony surely does. I have read that Tony taught Elander hitting and coaching hitting. That's grounds for optimism in the long run, but Elander is his own motivator and dog. Our nutrition and strength coaches are first class too. Part of our package. Elander is recruiting coordinator, too.

He brought Elander to teach his philosophy with hitting…. TV was the reason I was so excited when he was hired… His philosophy with hitting and pitching is what it takes to be great. It has surpassed my expectations and they were very high when Tony took this job If/when Josh moves on…. TV will replace him with someone that shares that philosophy. I hope when Frank decides to retire that we create our own pitching lab.

VN Store

Back