Recruiting Football Talk VII

ND outrecruits us most years.

People (imo) seem to underestimate how well OU, ND, Oregon recruit.

Obviously we'd love to be an annual top-10 recruiting team.

For now I'm very very happy we're closing the avg player gap vs the top tier teams. Our avg recruit ranking has been going up more than most. And Heupel does way more with less.

One more BIG year and I think recruits will see us as a regular contender. For now a lot of schools will keep pushing the "1 year luck" narrative. We need to be in the playoffs more years than not. The next 3-4 years will be MASSIVE for our future image. And with the way our QB room is loading up...with Heupel...pay Garner whatever he wants...we should be up there.
Give us a breakdown of their classes this year on the teams you mentioned what programs did they beat out to get said recruit?

Give us a breakdown of their classes this year on the teams you mentioned what programs did they beat out to get said recruit?
Yeah ain't nobody got time for that, nor is that a known metric (ie how to compare to others?).

Player rankings are what they are and the correlation to success is undeniable. The freakin laziest calculation in the universe, the BCR, is still undefeated years and years later.

Any team in our range (8-20) is likely to have a fair number of kids that were won over some meh schools, a lot of competitive battles, and some fairly rare wins over the biggest recruiters.

Well...... allow me to retort.

5 of the Lakers titles were before they even moved to LA. They were the Minneapolis Lakers prior to 1960 and wore powder blue. They shouldn't even count the ones from when they were in Minnesota. That's some bama type championship claiming right there.

18 NBA titles for Boston
12 NBA titles for Los Angeles
Well, NBA was far from what it is now in the 60s. There's many reasons why the celts went on a long run of championships. They won 11 of those from 1957 to 1969.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Yeah ain't nobody got time for that, nor is that a known metric (ie how to compare to others?).

Player rankings are what they are and the correlation to success is undeniable. The freakin laziest calculation in the universe, the BCR, is still undefeated years and years later.

Any team in our range (8-20) is likely to have a fair number of kids that were won over some meh schools, a lot of competitive battles, and some fairly rare wins over the biggest recruiters.
But the teams you mentioned haven’t won a title in over 10 years…well Oregon hasn’t won one at all.

Very similar to Luke Walton.

I'n trying to think of other Nepobaby athletes. But Ken Griffey Jr was a legit stud.
Walton was a first team all american and 2 time 1st all pac 12 selection…. Bronny averaged 14 ppg as a senior in high school… He measured in at 6’1.5” at the combine… He has been overrated his whole career bc of who is daddy was… im sure there are others but Walton is a poor example.

Last edited:
Disrespect from EA in the new game

WTF...

EA hates Tennessee, that or they are high AF.

All the Vol gamers should boycott the game so EA realizes just how stupid it was to slight us so badly when their revenue misses expectations by 8% and their execs resort to dumpster fellatio to support their heroin addictions.

Last edited:
If the football team wins the SEC Championship and National Championship in dark mode, and then the basketball team wins the SEC Championship and National Championship in dark mode, how can we know it was even Tennessee the whole time?

All the settlement money in the world can't buy the inner peace that I seek
Well said, my liege, well said. 🤗

VN Store

Back