Recruiting Football Talk VII

My predictions for the Vols.
Barnes at least makes another Elite 8 this coming season and possibly even a final 4.

The Heup makes his first ever playoff appearance under Nico. 10-2 regular season.

Kim Caldwell will have the Lady Vols finish as a top 3 team in SEC year 1. Take it to the bank. Bring it Lucy

Tony V will have basevols back in Omaha next season even after all of the departures.

Now that we won the Natty, back to recruiting... We're gonna need to start making up some ground if we want to win a Natty in football... Needing some top 5 recruiting classes to get to the next level and stay there... Hopefully we close the gap with several elite guys we are locked in and looking good with!

I know it's all about ratios, and in before it's only June, but ND and a few others shouldn't be out-recruiting us at this point. I don't think any of us wanted or expected the gumps and weagles to be that far ahead...

on3.jpg

Now that we won the Natty, back to recruiting... We're gonna need to start making up some ground if we want to win a Natty in football... Needing some top 5 recruiting classes to get to the next level and stay there... Hopefully we close the gap with several elite guys we are locked in and looking good with!

I know it's all about ratios, and in before it's only June, but ND and a few others shouldn't be out-recruiting us at this point. I don't think any of us wanted or expected the gumps and weagles to be that far ahead...

View attachment 654668
Give us a breakdown of the players ND got and what teams they beat out for them…

Reactions: LaagerVol

View attachment 654668
If we can get perlotte, sanders, smith jr, brame, hayward, dye, onis, & gass we should finish top 10. And thats not counting any late bloomers or someone who the staff is on that we arent privy to.

Last edited:
That’s for pay to play…. still won’t limit individual players NIL NFL fits players under a salary cap but they still make more money marketing.
That too can be bargained..you are right, it absolutely can not be forced, but limits could be collectively bargained...you gotta give to get.

You think the thousands of kids that will not get a big NIL paycheck won't jump at the chance to make a big piece if they bargain a limit on it?

We will see...this is going to get ugly.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Not for many living fans. Only 2 titles since 1985...vs 9 for Lakers fans.
Well...... allow me to retort.

5 of the Lakers titles were before they even moved to LA. They were the Minneapolis Lakers prior to 1960 and wore powder blue. They shouldn't even count the ones from when they were in Minnesota. That's some bama type championship claiming right there.

18 NBA titles for Boston
12 NBA titles for Los Angeles

View attachment 654668

What was Michigan’s average recruiting rankings in the years leading up to their title?

Reactions: volinbama256
Well...... allow me to retort.

5 of the Lakers titles were before they even moved to LA. They were the Minneapolis Lakers prior to 1960 and wore powder blue. They shouldn't even count the ones from when they were in Minnesota. That's some bama type championship claiming right there.

18 NBA titles for Boston
12 NBA titles for Los Angeles
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back