Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently they will fix the rankings as the season goes on…im not too worried about a video game ranking teams like Va tech and Colorado above us they obviously have no clue about football teams this year or they have some bias people doing the rankings, I just hope they got the game play right at least
Well, for me, I have to have something to have righteous indignation over. It might as well be this. EA Sports hates us. They ain't in the game.

Can we hold off on this for maybe a day out of respect?

We all are well aware of your lack of belief.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the @bignewt post. It wasn't disrespectful towards the memory of. SaS or anyone's faith.

Someone above mentioned that we should all be more like her and I agree. She accepted everyone as they were and was kind to all of us. Bickering can be fun at times but we could all benefit from being more like @SweetasSoda in how we treat those we disagree with.

I won't pile on cause he just got a new cancer diagnosis, but I am loving all the disrespect.

Knowing the supportive relationship that Barnes has established with DV, I'm inclined to wonder if DV didn't intentionally do this to lower expectations on Barnes and his team (as a favor).

Very sorry to hear about the new diagnosis. Not a fan of DV's announcing, but I think if I knew him better I'd really like his heart. Being a public figure brings so many pressures to compromise, it's hard to be confident you know who anybody on TV really is.

Should not have been posted or tweeted. He and CRB are great friends and DV has been very complimentary of him as a person and as a coach. JMO, not a personal attack.
My only issue is there are 6 SEC teams that he thinks make it over the Vols with our roster and the portal haul we just raked in? We shall see.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the @bignewt post. It wasn't disrespectful towards the memory of. SaS or anyone's faith.

Someone above mentioned that we should all be more like her and I agree. She accepted everyone as they were and was kind to all of us. Bickering can be fun at times but we could all benefit from being more like @SweetasSoda in how we treat those we disagree with.

Last edited:
Knowing the supportive relationship that Barnes has established with DV, I'm inclined to wonder if DV didn't intentionally do this to lower expectations on Barnes and his team (as a favor).

Very sorry to hear about the new diagnosis. Not a fan of DV's announcing, but I think if I knew him better I'd really like his heart. Being a public figure brings so many pressures to compromise, it's hard to be confident you know who anybody on TV really is.

I always felt like DV gave Barnes and his UT teams a fair shake and is always complimentary. They’re close friends.

And even if this is DV’s honest opinion, Barnes will accept it as motivation for his team.

He was disrespectful towards multiple posters who did nothing but express their grief over the loss of SaS. To have the audacity to correct one poster because he didn't like them using the term "natty" and another because he took issue with their view of the afterlife was nothing short of an a-hole move. It comes down to basic respect for others, and while SaS might have showed him grace in that situation because she was the best of us...I'm not her. So, he can f off. He crossed a line and deserves the vitriol he has received.

Yes but it looks like the momentum has shifted back to the quakers
Looks like your were right . Oregon it is. Was this recruit that big of a loss though, with portal and the kid from Texas committed seems like TE is okay with the ones Vols already have in house. For now and for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back