Recruiting Football Talk VII

It's South American soccer corruption at it's finest. The ref isn't bad, he's legitimately corrupt. He's doing exactly what he wants to do.
1. Killed an American advantage after a foul.
2. Allowed an illegal advantage for Uruguay when play should've been stopped for a card being issued.
3. Has issued more cards to American players despite more fouls to Uruguay (iirc)
4. Wouldn't issue a card after a wreckless challenge to Joe Scally until the same player shoved Matt Turner in the aftermath.
5. Gave Tyler Adams a card for embellishment when he was legitimately fouled and injured on what should've been a card to Uruguay.

It's horrendous.
Is he a Southern American Birmingham guy? Sounds like a typical Bama game.

Berhalter can't even stand up on the sideline and swallow this. He's cowering on the bench and fidgeting like a child that knows he's about to get whipped.
He’s a complete fraud.

I don’t know why the USSF can go out and hire probably the best coach in the world for the USWNT, but can’t do any better than Berhalter for the USMNT.

The ref is so bad in the USMNT v Uruguay that the commentators on Fox have actually declared the man's full name on international television and did a whole segment on how bad he's been in this game.
I wish our commentators were that honest. Would have liked to have seen a whole segment on no-call holding. Especially against Bama, but it went on all year.

I doubt the coach even knew. The kid probably got to the dugout and threw it away.
Do you even know what I'm talking about? What inning are you "doubt-ing" and "probably-ing" about, jave? It sounds like you've have reached a conclusion based on your bias without considering or even being aware of the facts of the matter. Also you seem to be unduly mislead by the incorrect account you are responding to (without independent verification), and not unlikely misled by the false and tiresome accusation of "conspiracy" (the all-American smear word). I didn't argue in favor of a conspiracy.

Last edited:
I was doing my reflection time this morning and I kept coming to the same thoughts. So often we are disappointed, dissatisfied or let down. Usually it is not the specific outcome, but the expectations that lead us to those feelings.

The world is pretty dissatisfying most days, but our way of thinking does not have to be.

I am so happy that @chvy1986 has a new baby girl. I am so happy that I had the gift of knowing @SweetasSoda. I am so happy that basevols won a title even if others are dissatisfied with how we celebrate. I am happy that DK got drafted even if the world was dissatisfied with his age.

I think if there is an evil one his greatest trick is convincing us we aren't happy when we have every reason we should be.

I pray each of you protects your joy. Finds the true love and joy in your life and cherishes it as best you can.
🧡

There’s a lot of reasons soccer is a slow-growth sport in this country. Tonight was an example of a lot of them, from our team, from our governing body, and from the international soccer apparatus.
There is referring issues all over major soccer just like other sports, but South American soccer referring is just another level of corrupt. Vol football fans should just start getting heavily invested in the US men’s national team, they already know the template to follow from the last 2 decades: Cheer for a team that has a coach that has no business coaching at that level and is playing in a corrupt league. Vamos Vols!

There is referring issues all over major soccer just like other sports, but South American soccer referring is just another level of corrupt. Vol football fans should just start getting heavily invested in the US men’s national team, they already know the template to follow from the last 2 decades: Cheer for a team that has ****** coaching and is playing in corrupt league. Vamos Vols!
There’s video on Twitter of Pulisic going to shake the officials’ hands after the match, and the head official gave him the cold shoulder.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
There’s video on Twitter of Pulisic going to shake the officials’ hands after the match, and the head official gave him the cold shoulder.
lol, literally just saw that too and brought it here. Someone needs to do a deep dive into this guys bank accounts and find the large wire transfer.

Do you even know what I'm talking about? What inning are you "doubt-ing" and "probably-ing" about, jave? It sounds like you've have reached a conclusion based on your bias without considering or even being aware of the facts of the matter. Also you seem to be unduly mislead by the incorrect account you are responding to (without independent verification), and not unlikely misled by the false and tiresome accusation of "conspiracy" (the all-American smear word). I didn't argue in favor of a conspiracy.
You've been talking about the stolen pitch comm for a while and advocating using it to show cause or otherwise incriminate Schloss. I'm saying you're making a huge deal out of almost nothing, and it's likely (or would be argued as such) that Schloss had no idea the kid even brought it back to the dugout with him when he "lied to the NCAA (umps)" as you put it.

It's not a conspiracy, I just think you're making a mountain of a mole hill.

Reactions: Orange.
You've been talking about the stolen pitch comm for a while and advocating using it to show cause or otherwise incriminate Schloss. I'm saying you're making a huge deal out of almost nothing, and it's likely (or would be argued as such) that Schloss had no idea the kid even brought it back to the dugout with him when he "lied to the NCAA (umps)" as you put it.

It's not a conspiracy, I just think you're making a mountain of a mole hill.
OK! That's right. 😂 But the other day, not talking about it lately. And in the previous or next post (I don't recall) I made clear my half-joking idea (since nothing of the sort would ever happen) was for Schloss to be further incriminated on the day he announced for Texas. But I said that TAMU fans should be advised of the pitchcom incident and encouraged to publicly condemn SausageBagel for being crooked and an embarrassment to the honor of their school and players. 😂 Don't you remember? That would have been gold. TAMU (not us) should ask the NCAA for some punishment of Schloss over the pitchcom lies.

Of course, we don't GAF. We won the CWS. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: jave36

VN Store

Back