Recruiting Football Talk VII

Couldn’t help but notice Tennessee was ranked 15th in this preview.

Odd.
it is very strange, considering the offensive/defensive and overall ratings that have already been released

so either we are like an 85 overall, not in the top 25 "ratings" but ranked 15 because reasons...

or they really did omit us from the previous ratings to drive engagement

either is strange

I mean that's a terrible analogy. The best shooters in the world still miss a ton of shots. Coaches are not responsible for players understanding their technique OR their assignments. Makes you wonder what position coaches exist for at that point. Motivational speeches?

A no name walk on taking a starting spot from a bunch of more athletic, highly touted players is obviously an indictment on the coaches. Obviously. Unless Will Brooks has been juicing like Tropicana and is about to be the walk on story of the decade. Or, far more likely, AP is being facetious.
The analogy is that in both sports, after those skills have been taught, they are developed, ingrained, and refined by repetition (technique) and study (video room) in the player's own time.

Otherwise, the athlete with better physical skills would always and automatically be the starter.

Let's also add that makeup speed is only useful when an assignment has been missed, and a .2 second advantage in the 40 is more than negated by a split-second of hesitancy deciding what or where you're going to make your play. On the field, mental preparation and decisiveness are their own speed factors.

Where is the option to drop a duffle bag of cash or hire family members in recruiting?
I thought that they may include a pay-to-recruit option where you can pay $.99-$4.99 for an insta-commit for any level of player. Kind of surprised they didn't include that, honestly, with what gaming has turned into. No way you could leave it in online dynasties, but there are enough lazy/rich gamers out there that would drop an extra $10-$100 to load a roster and "beat" the game quickly in offline dynasty.

or, it could be that will brooks has been a good player for us for years and is only continuing to get better. seem to recall a few walk on safeties for UGA and BAMA that ended up all-sec

but its only cool when they do it?
shh they're worked up and don't want to look at other teams doing it

I hate asking but if anyone has a prayer to spare please, I need it more now for me and the OH than ever. I would crawl through broken glass to make it right (and I do mean that literally) but I don't know that I can. He lost hospice service and he's been through every hospice so no one wants to help. The hospital person had the nerve to push me to put him a nursing home and was no help. I'm at the end of my rope. I literally need a miracle. I can't live without him and he needs care (a nursing home would be the death of him). I'm no saint and have never claimed to be but I need a miracle.
Prayed for you and your SO.

It's not just the sanctions...it's the 15 years of irrelevance and pure incompetence.
And recruiting is FINE right now. We are getting really good classes full of talented, high character team players that fit what the coaches want.

I get it, it’s the volnation way to complain and borrow worry, but I’m enjoying watching us rise. Very enjoyable to me. No stress

VN Store

Back