Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to keep up with every proposal as they were made but at some point I just punted and went into wait and see mode. I guess I could read the rules one day soon. 😂

Reactions: knoxvol52
It's not stupid, 52! I think the highest ranked teams in order. And that includes the G-5's spot. But I am really not sure.

Winning a weak conference would be the easiest route. Guaranteed bye and top 4 spot, even if the team entered the game ranked 12th, so one of the preferred draws.

I really hope we make it. It would be so much fun.
G5 I believe is only guaranteed a spot so that team will probably be in the 10-12 range in seeding. Should be #12 every year but to be FAIR committee will probably mix it up some. #1-4 will have a advantage of playing one game less but matchups will be key, no matter what seed you get.

It’s painfully obvious that everyone is sleeping on us this year.

Just read an article on 247 about Archie Manning warning his Ok buddies that SEC is big boy football.

They mentioned Ok’s schedule and specifically named LSU, Al, going to Auburn and Ole Miss. No mention at all about their first conference game against us.

I firmly believe when we roll in there and kick their azz they will realize Tenn football is back!

At Oklahoma is a hellva first SEC game for Nico. That should be an awesome game.

Interesting that that chart gives us better odds against Bama than against the Okies.
Oklahoma was a hairs breath away from losing about 4-5 games last year and only managed to pull out some last minute victories due to out talenting their opponents. Now they are going to be in the SEC where most of the talent is as good or better than them. Plus, didn't they lose almost their entire O Line to the portal? I mean, I don't think they are going to be a scrub team by any stretch, but I don't think they are unbeatable.

Then there is Bama at Neyland. People are assuming that Mehboer is going to have that team humming along like business as usual. Maybe he does, but I think that they have been on a slow decline in their dominance the last few years and getting them in Neyland, I see us as the favorites even if only slightly.

UGA I will believe we can beat once we beat them.

Oklahoma was a hairs breath away from losing about 4-5 games last year and only managed to pull out some last minute victories due to out talenting their opponents. Now they are going to be in the SEC where most of the talent is as good or better than them. Plus, didn't they lose almost their entire O Line to the portal? I mean, I don't think they are going to be a scrub team by any stretch, but I don't think they are unbeatable.

Then there is Bama at Neyland. People are assuming that Mehboer is going to have that team humming along like business as usual. Maybe he does, but I think that they have been on a slow decline in their dominance the last few years and getting them in Neyland, I see us as the favorites even if only slightly.

UGA I will believe we can beat once we beat them.

OU is also breaking in a new (albeit highly rated) QB in Jackson Arnold, much like UT

Reactions: Glitch
Portland Head Lighthouse. It’s only about 10 min from my hotel and insanely picturesque. It took my breath away. Here’s another angle…

View attachment 654043

I laughed when I looked at the two ladies on the right by the fence and realized that there's a third lady in green that blends in like she's wearing "Maine Coastal Camo". Only her paleness allowed me to see her.

Beautiful photo..... would love to stay at that lighthouse and relax for a couple of days.

Pick a side

Orange Kool Aid Full - 1% odds we go undefeated in SEC Play.

Half full - decent odds to win 6

Half empty - eighth worst odds to lose only 1

4 teams with nearly equal chances of being the 5th team in SEC and last SEC team in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back