Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I missed this the first 99 times, but either this man's TAMU "neighbor for the day" or worse, his partner, was not happy at all with the Vols closing out the 7th inning during the final game.

But he was VERY happy to clap with enthusiasm towards her 😆😅

20240703_215418.jpg

Edit: Now I see 🤣
videotogif_2024.07.03_22.05.41.gif

Last edited:
I lived on and off in Jamaica for 5 years (my parents lived there). The beauty, food and laid back culture are the best. I hope to go back again, if I can. I never got to go to the Bahamas, but Dad loved it.
I saw another show on the murder channel about a young American girl killed in Jamaica.

At your advanced age, doesn't really pertain to you, but it happened in Jamaica.

Who does GMAC have for WRS at Brentwood Academy?
Paul Wade (the new coach) uses APB a lot so I’d assume Kolbe Harmon (Duke commit) will play there now with TT Hill (3 star).

But even then you got Neo Clifton (just committed to MTSU), KeSean Bowman (finally eligible and has Tennessee offer) returning

Lost Shavar Young Jr but brought in two transfers:

2026 6’4 WR Khalil Ferguson

2027 slot WR Eli Ferguson (multiple P4 offers)

When my son and daughter from a different mother gave birth to my grandson, the other grandmother told me straight up she was mammaw. That was fine for me because I couldn’t stand my mammaw (don’t judge me, I have a lot reasons). I said that’s fine, he’ll pick my name for him. My son chose gitty for my ex hubby’s mom’s name and it stuck. There wasn’t a better woman on this earth than her. Fast forward, my grandson (he’s about to turn 3) has my son to call me every day or so to tell about his day. He’s had his dad call me twice today to tell me he’s excited about Shark Week (another story for a different day) and to tell me about the fireworks his parents set off him. You know what, I’m Gammie, and I absolutely love it. 😍

Turks are on my list.
I know you love the Bahamas for the beautiful water..but I am partial to the islands with mountainous jungle terrain that also have beautiful water and reefs...I absolutely love the VIs...they are my favorite Carribean islands I've been to. St Thomas is way too busy though with all the cruise traffic, so we are the first ones off the boat as soon as the plank drops and head over to the ferry to St John and we beat the crowds over there...St John is where Virgin Islands National Park is and is largely undeveloped.

We beat the excursion crowds by 3 hours that way and have the beach mostly all to ourself..we went to Trunk Bay last time and there we were only about 12-15 other people on the whole two mile long beach. There are also a ton if preserved plantation ruins the NPS oversees and the Rangers do guided tours if you like that kind of stuff like we do.

Last edited:
I had the same Jamaica experience. Resort was OK (not great, but that's not the country's fault), but wow the instant I left the resort I regretted it and never did it again. Went back on a cruise and hated it it equally as much.

There are plenty of beautiful islands in the Caribbean. I'd rather go to one where it's nice off the resort.

Negril is much better than Montego Bay and Ocho Rios

I had the same Jamaica experience. Resort was OK (not great, but that's not the country's fault), but wow the instant I left the resort I regretted it and never did it again. Went back on a cruise and hated it it equally as much.

There are plenty of beautiful islands in the Caribbean. I'd rather go to one where it's nice off the resort.
😥

Everyday something trickles in... My kids are like 'is that mine?'.... My wife is like 'how much crap did you buy?'

Me...
View attachment 656195

Got my black OmaVols NC shirt the other day. Still waiting on a white shirt and hat.
I’m loving all this. I need to see pics. I think I’m gonna get the black shirt with the names in the 24 on the back.

That and a yeti if they have one. Anyone found one of those yet?

Yeah...there are several pretty large, and hundreds of small blowholes in all that swiss cheese rock, the tide was coming back in so there were several of them going off here and there all the time...the sound of hundreds of gallons of seawater water gurgling through all that rock was amazing.

I have a bunch of slow motion and real time vids of them, but for some reason I didn't get any stills this time...I know I have sone great pics of a pretty large blowhole going off from our trip there the year before...I will try to find some good ones and post them.

Regarding Utah..OMG...you are gonna love it...what is the plan?
We’re flying in and out of Vegas for a 5 day trip. Not gonna make it to Arches, but I’ve got Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, and the North Rim on the itenerary. Staying in Kanab and just driving daily to each.

Got any recommendations for must-see landmarks? I’m trying to figure out if we rent a boat or not for Lake Powell. It’ll be October, so swimming will be out.

We went to the Caymans last year for our 15th anniversary. Not cheap. But we had a blast. We went with another couple and split a VRBO condo right on the beach. Pool with a swim up bar. Traveled the eastern part of the island with a rental car, and that part is more secluded. Had a mudslide on the beach where they were originally created. Had probably the best seafood pasta dish I’ve ever eaten. Just a beautiful island with very nice people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back