Recruiting Football Talk VII

Here ya go @Brillovol..one pic has a very large jet of water coming out of a blowhole, but it is way out on the right edge of the frame. I have never taken the time to take a still off of the vid I have of it..but that water was jetting 15-20 feet into the air...I love that last pic it is looking south towards Honduras as we were sailing toward Belize..
20231116_094939.jpg20231116_094314.jpg20231115_172431.jpg

Not sure how I missed this the first 99 times, but either this man's TAMU "neighbor for the day" or worse, his partner, was not happy at all with the Vols closing out the 7th inning during the final game.

But he was VERY happy to clap with enthusiasm towards her 😆😅

View attachment 656198

Edit: Now I see 🤣
View attachment 656203
Kid in the background is on guard, ready to bolt whenever she snaps

Edit: oh, didnt watch the gif before I posted.

Here ya go @Brillovol..one pic has a very large jet of water coming out of a blowhole, but it is way out on the right edge of the frame. I have never taken the time to take a still off of the vid I have of it..but that water was jetting 15-20 feet into the air...I love that last pic it is looking south towards Honduras as we were sailing toward Belize..
View attachment 656206View attachment 656207View attachment 656208
Most of the time I just want to be smart with money and save. But when I see pictures like this, I wanna say YOLO and just go. I ain’t getting any younger.

Hawaii is awesome...if you can afford it...I will never be able to go there without forgoing 2-3 other great trips I could take for that much money.

I love St John...I don't see how anything could be any more beautiful than Trunk Bay.
I'm planning on going to Honolulu this year. I want to go to Kuai but price is a consideration. I can get a nice condo on the beach for $119 a night.

We’re flying in and out of Vegas for a 5 day trip. Not gonna make it to Arches, but I’ve got Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, and the North Rim on the itenerary. Staying in Kanab and just driving daily to each.

Got any recommendations for must-see landmarks? I’m trying to figure out if we rent a boat or not for Lake Powell. It’ll be October, so swimming will be out.
For sure hit Valley of Fire State Park on the way to Zion, and you should take the time to drive Utah Hwy 12 through Grand staircase-Escalante National Monument from Bryce to Capitol Reef...if you do...you're welcome...many people say it the most beautiful drive in the country...I don't know if it is THE most, but it is for sure top 3 for me.

Make sure and check with ZNP to make sure you don't need a entry reservation for your dates....and the sites at all the places you are going are all pretty familiar to everybody...you just have to decide what your group can do as far as hiking and such...like how much time you can allow.

There are tons of great itinerary vids for all those places on YouTube that could help you narrow down.

What is going to suck is finding out about the millions of awesome things to do and see that are not in the National Parks that will be all around you in Kanab and not having time to do them...lol.

Seriously...you could spend months exploring that area and not scratch the surface.

Research Valley of Fire State Park and have a itinerary ready for your visit..do "The Fire Wave" hike for sure. It is as spectacular as a National Park.

Curaçao is beautiful
So I've imagined from photos. I'll be in good hands. My wife and MiL have been before. She's Venezuelan and it's a mere shadow off the coast from where she grew up...but SUCH a different language.

Love the words there...DANKE...DUSHI 😅

So I've imagined from photos. I'll be in good hands. My wife and MiL have been before. She's Venezuelan and it's a mere shadow off the coast from where she grew up...but SUCH a different language.

Love the words there...DANKE...DUSHI 😅
We flew to Caracas for one day. Amazing

Most of the time I just want to be smart with money and save. But when I see pictures like this, I wanna say YOLO and just go. I ain’t getting any younger.
Same...I'm scared to death that if I don't break the bank and do more stuff now, that I won't be able to when I retire because my health is so bad, I'm not afraid of death, but I am terrified of not living.

My Mom left me some money so I have means to knock off a ton of bucket list items...one of the last things she told me while she was still very lucid is "If I had known this was going to happen I would have spent every dime of that money traveling and living...LIVE son...don’t waste time....LIVE"

Same...I'm scared to death that if I don't break the bank and do more stuff now, that I won't be able to when I retire because my health is so bad, I'm not afraid of death, but I am terrified of not living.

My Mom left me some money so I have means to knock off a ton of bucket list items...one of the last things she told me while she was still very lucid is "If I had known this was going to happen I would have spent every dime of that money traveling and living...LIVE son...don’t waste time....LIVE"

You get one life so enjoy it. I plan on retiring between age 55-60 and travel the world. You will never hear someone on their death bed saying I wish I would have worked more.

We flew to Caracas for one day. Amazing
One of my favorite trips was to La Puerta in Venezuela close to the Columbian border. So memorable. Trips well out of our comfort zone can really be amazing. And everyone gauked at us. I don't believe they've seen many Americans there. That was 1992...long time ago.

You get one life so enjoy it. I plan on retiring between age 55-60 and travel the world
Awesome...I hope you have a blast...I wish I wasn't a low middle class working stiff..I will have to work into my late 60s if possible...but I'm thankful I've gotten to do and see as much as I have...most people with my means do not.

Awesome...I hope you have a blast...I wish I wasn't a low middle class working stiff..I will have to work into my late 60s if possible...but I'm thankful I've gotten to do and see as much as I have...most people with my means do not.

I’m 48 so I have a few years left to punch the time clock

Yep, there with you. Late 60s appears to be my plot as well for retirement. Partly, that is to have the funds to travel, my favorite thing to do in the world. Give me an 'experience' vacation any day. I want to walk through all history in Europe.

VN Store

Back