Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
July 4, 1826
Two Founding father die on the same day........50 years after the Declaration of Independence.

John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the same day, July 4, 1826. Both were old men—Adams was 90, and Jefferson was 83—and both were ill, though Adams had been in comparatively robust health until just a few months earlier and Jefferson had been ill for an extended period. They had been rivals, indeed enemies, for some time; Jefferson had defeated Adams in the presidential election of 1800. But they had repaired their differences and had pursued an active correspondence with each other in the years before their deaths. On that final day, the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, Adams died at his home in Quincy, Massachusetts, and Jefferson died at his home in Monticello, Virginia.

View attachment 656278
We visited Monticello recently when in the area to visit a relative. Really interesting.

You went to Venezuela? Your brave. Lol My wife is Venezuelan and no way in heck I would go to Venezuela right now. It's dangerous especially for Americans.We don't even visit my mother-n-law and brother-n-law who live in Venezuela.
Same and they are from caracas. Used to go.

Sad.

Something like half of her extended family has been kidnapped at one point or another.

@peaygolf

Did you know that the 50-star U.S. flag was debuted for the first time on July 4th, 1960? Hawaii had been admitted to the Union in August 1959, but the Flag Act of 1818 states that new stars can only be added to the flag on July 4th.
There is a small monument park in Hawaii that is still British land. It marks the spot where Captain Cook was killed.

People been sayin' for years that there's a John Prine song for every feeling, idea, or event.
AI-created illustrations make me nervously wonder if the Navaho will be proved prescient...

"A Mocca man
in a wigwam
sitting on a Reservation.
With a big black hole in the belly of his soul
Waiting on an explanation.
While the white man
sits on his fat can
And takes pictures of the Navajo,
Every time he clicks his Kodak pics
He steals a little bit of soul."

Our fireworks have been relocated to our block this year. Dear lord the streets already filling with people and vendors in 90 degree sun and they have 9.5 hours till the explosions.

Hell naw. I'm gonna keep my ass inside till that sun shies away. Should be some great people watching from the balcony in the meantime though with all the...interesting...folks out. Just gonna relax and do some of the ole

haha-nelson-muntz.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back