Recruiting Football Talk VII

So in all Major sports which is Women's and Men's basketball, football and baseball we have 15 National championships. Texas has 11. This guy is full of sh!t. Got this from baseball forum and thought I'd share it in here.
To add to the debate, officially, we are the University of Tennessee. Yes, we are sometimes delineated by adding the K for Knoxville, but as far as I can tell, we are not officially the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Texas, OTOH, is officially the University of Texas at Austin. The Texas legislature made this the official name in 1967.

Point being, if anyone should add a letter "to avoid confusion", it should be Texas going by UTA, their actual initials. It's not just history on our side. Facts back us up as well.

To add to the debate, officially, we are the University of Tennessee. Yes, we are sometimes delineated by adding the K for Knoxville, but as far as I can tell, we are not officially the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Texas, OTOH, is officially the University of Texas at Austin. The Texas legislature made this the official name in 1967.

Point being, if anyone should add a letter "to avoid confusion", it should be Texas going by UTA, their actual initials. It's not just history on our side. Facts back us up as well.
What do they call U of Texas at Arlington, then?

edit: Maybe it's UTA-A, not to be confused with UTAA which meets the Monday after every Longhor loss.

Last edited:
John Prine: "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You into Heaven Anymore"

The off-camera voice suggesting that the stars 'n stripes bow was to put on top of her Xmas tree kinda said it all, sadly.
I was all about her Nashville pennant. Used to be, it would have the Statue of Liberty or a Yankees cap.

Well 5 minutes of standing in the heat and grilling burgers was it for me. I handed the tongs and spatula to my Son In Law and I grabbed 6 beers and came into house and turned on MLB. T.V. .
Congratulations on having a son in law who can be trusted with such responsibility!

Well 5 minutes of standing in the heat and grilling burgers was it for me. I handed the tongs and spatula to my Son In Law and I grabbed 6 beers and came into house and turned on MLB. T.V. .
That's right. Younger generation needs to step up! 😂 Grandpa's job is to play with the kids, then hand them back to the parental units.

VN Store

Back