Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are good my guy. All the important folks knew what you were talking about. We have some non-regulars filter through here from time to time that try and steal our joy. We don't let them.
How is correcting a typo or misstatement stealing joy. It’s a simple correction given without malice. I get corrected all of the time. And I’ve been on this site since the Grid days. It’s all good. As for Seldon, the sooner he gets back the better…he is a game changer with superstar possibilities. Go Vols!

How is correcting a typo or misstatement stealing joy. It’s a simple correction given without malice. I get corrected all of the time. And I’ve been on this site since the Grid days. It’s all good. As for Seldon, the sooner he gets back the better…he is a game changer with superstar possibilities. Go Vols!
It wasn't a typo. We all knew what he meant. We like having @Plove23 around. He is a great dude and he keeps us up to date on Cam and the few nuggets he can let us have. We don't want to run him off because he forgot to put "State" after NC. Just chill.

Last edited:
It wasn't a typo. We all knew what he meant. We live having @Plove23 around. He is a great dude and he keeps us up to date on Cam and the few nuggets he can let us have. We don't want to run him off because he forgot to put "State" after NC. Just chill.
I am quite chill.
I had no idea who that poster is.
You’d think I said something negative. I was just pointing out who we play. Why is that a big deal? Get off of my ass about it. I am one of the most loyal Vols you'll ever meet. My user name is a VFL 24 hours/7 days a week. I am not the enemy.

I am quite chill.
I had no idea who that poster is.
You’d think I said something negative. I was just pointing out who we play. Why is that a big deal? Get off of my ass about it. I am one of the most loyal Vols you'll ever meet. I am not the enemy.
Ok. Just don't run Plove off.

Until NBA changes the rules on draft eligible players to the Baseball and Football rules. The upperclassmen like Knecht will always fall into the mid range area. NBA banks on drafting youth and developing, I know it's a stupid theory but it's been that way for years.

I put $100 on Knecht to win ROY in NBA.
The NBA is looking for the next superstar…. if they thought DK would be a superstar…. He would have been taken earlier.

I agree overall. Brooks Robinson is another that is up there for sure though.

18x All Star
16x Gold Glove winner
38.8 dWar, #1 all time for a 3B

Better defensively, worse offensively than Schmidt and Chipper. All 3 had longevity too at 17, 20, and 22 year careers.

Career counting stats:

Schmidt: .267/.380/.527, OPS -- .908, Hits - 2,234, HRs -- 548, RBIs - 1,595
Chipper: .303/.401/.529, OPS -- .930, Hits -- 2,726, HRs -- 468, RBIs -- 1,623
Robinson: .267/.322/.401, OPS -- .723, Hits -- 2,848, HRs -- 268, RBIs -- 1,357
Mike Schmidt

Eddie Matthews

Brett, Beltre, Chipper, Brooks

Molitor & Boggs

Last edited:
I'll keep the egg and vinegar and soybean oil away from my steak thank you.
Don't knock it till you try it. I thought it sounded whack at first, but had heard it from a very reliable steak youtuber. I was impressed and have continued to be. You don't even taste the mayo flavor.

This is such a dead period in sports. It’s such a drag from the CWS ending to college football beginning.

I know a lot like MLB, but I think the current product is as boring as its ever been. And regional broadcasts are blacked out in several markets.
Euros and Copa the only thing between me and forcing myself outside into activities in 90 degree scorching heat. Trying my best to find something 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back