Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to win championships? Gotta recruit at a super elite level. Just more proof.

Just since Heupel arrived we're averaging 9 wins. So we'd be up beside LSU, with less talent. Not including PSU because we'd be winning 10+ in the B1G.

The graph is a bit distorted too because playoff teams get up to 3 more games than others.

Sometimes you need to ask yourself wtf it’s hurting. Kids fish on my dock all the time. Those kids are making great memories.
Exactly. Are they being destructive? What else could they being doing besides fishing? Maybe instead of being a grumpus, you see it as an opportunity to engage with the younger generation and maybe encourage them to be the best young men they can be. Now they will probably associate old people with grumpy a-holes and avoid them when possible instead of seeing it as a chance to help the older generation when they need it. Lots of lost opportunity in that video. Lord, help me never to be that grumpy old man with no joy in my heart.

For me, 9-3 is the line. 8 wins or lower will feel disappointing in year 4.

9 wins means we beat some good teams and are in the playoff hunt. Maybe UT is a playoff team with 9 wins, depending on how the season shakes out. More parity in CFB now.

10 wins is a surefire playoff team and another step forward. UT would potentially host a game the Saturday before Christmas, if we won 10 games.

There’s lots of IFs on this season and I’m hopeful that the injury bug is kind to us this year.

Welp, found another good use of the ignore button this morning.
Since I guess you won't see this post...

Mr. Rogers Middle Finger! on Make a GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back