Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the kids were recording it is what bothers me. It's almost like they are setting the old guy up, or the whole thing staged.
How were they setting him up? The old guy is responsible for managing his emotions and how he reacts. If anything it was smart on their part because no doubt the older man would have told the cops some BS about the kids to get them in trouble. Thankfully, the camera doesn't lie. Also, you can't just walk up to someone and break their property, regardless if they're trespassing.

Exactly. Are they being destructive? What else could they being doing besides fishing? Maybe instead of being a grumpus, you see it as an opportunity to engage with the younger generation and maybe encourage them to be the best young men they can be. Now they will probably associate old people with grumpy a-holes and avoid them when possible instead of seeing it as a chance to help the older generation when they need it. Lots of lost opportunity in that video. Lord, help me never to be that grumpy old man with no joy in my heart.
Well said

Man I feel like there are better ways to ask little kids to leave your property....
To be fair...we didn't see the start of all that. But old dude was stupid anyway...all he had to do was say "boys...you can't fish here", and if they smarted off and wouldn't leave...just call the police if he cared that much about people fishing in the neighborhood pond.

Last edited:
As he should. HOAs bring out the worst in people.

The kids could have been doing much worse things. If anything, the older gentleman could have used it as a teaching and guidance moment, but instead the grouch in him won out.

Maybe there’s a history with the kids and that man, but it’s not a good look for him at all.
Nothing wrong with "hey, guys, this is private property. I would appreciate you respecting that."

I mean it could be he had tried that already and they ignored him and came back but he was way over the top this time, regardless.

My son is tagging along with a buddy of his that is finishing up going to all 30 MLB parks. They are both Cubs fans. Seeing Wrigley, then Seattle, and Arizona.
View attachment 656826
So many levels of awesomeness. I have been to Wrigley once. One of the most memorable days of my life.

Yeesh 😒😔 At 3 am just trying to get home safely.

So many preventable deaths caused by humans driving. Hopefully sooner than later this will be greatly curbed. Inexcusable.
You really want me to lose my job at 56?...think about wtf you are talking about and how many peoples livelihoods would be destroyed.

Screw that stupid 🦬💩..

You really want me to lose my job at 56?...think about wtf you are talking about and how many peoples livelihoods would be destroyed.

Screw that stupid 🦬💩..
I'm sure jobs like yours would be safe because you have to be there for the patients. Much more complicated than taking someone home at 3am, who has some real possibility of being very tired, inebriated, poor night vision, etc.

It also creates jobs, but the real point is safety. I'm tired of seeing people die in car accidents when so many are preventable. The sad thing is so many die from the fault of others, such as this case. Sad and preventable.

I'm sure jobs like yours would be safe because you have to be there for the patients. Much more complicated than taking someone home at 3am, who has some real possibility of being very tired, inebriated, poor night vision, etc.

It also creates jobs, but the real point is safety. I'm tired of seeing people die in car accidents when so many are preventable. The sad thing is so many die from the fault of others, such as this case. Sad and preventable.
And people WILL die from malfunction.

And people WILL die from malfunction.
Of course. That isn't the debate. Things will always happen. Tires pop, people walk out in front of cars, brakes go out. It's the great reduction in deaths that matters. Imagine going from 40k/yr to even 4k/yr.

Then auto insurance goes down for all as well.

For me, 9-3 is the line. 8 wins or lower will feel disappointing in year 4.

9 wins means we beat some good teams and are in the playoff hunt. Maybe UT is a playoff team with 9 wins, depending on how the season shakes out. More parity in CFB now.

10 wins is a surefire playoff team and another step forward. UT would potentially host a game the Saturday before Christmas, if we won 10 games.

There’s lots of IFs on this season and I’m hopeful that the injury bug is kind to us this year.

Feels like less than 10 wins would be disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back