Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. That isn't the debate. Things will always happen. Tires pop, people walk out in front of cars, brakes go out. It's the great reduction in deaths that matters. Imagine going from 40k/yr to even 4k/yr.

Then auto insurance goes down for all as well.
Imagine not being able to afford a car that self drives...imagine living somewhere that a self driving car can not even go....imagine just leaving it the hell alone..

I really like you..but..you never think about the implications of things.

I quit school in the 9th grade and went to work as an apprentice flooring installer at 14...I loved it, I made a great living doing it, and I was REALLY good at it...and I would still be doing it if my health had not utterly collapsed by my late 30s...so I had to find something else I could do to be productive and not just another lazy pos on disability, so I started driving...I do my job well, believe it or not my clients all LOVE me, I am the highest requested driver in the county.

I am too old to start over again..so leave it.

Imagine not being able to afford a car that self drives...imagine living somewhere that a self driving car can not even go....imagine just leaving it the hell alone..

I quit school in the 9th grade and went to work as an apprentice flooring installer at 14...I loved it, I made a great living doing it, and I was REALLY good at it...and I would still be doing it if my health had not utterly collapsed by my late 30s...so I had to find something else I could do to be productive and not just another lazy pos on disability, so I started driving...I do my job well, believe it or not my clients all LOVE me, I am the highest requested driver in the county.

EVs will ultimately cost less than ICE cars and self driving tech will become as meh as getting driving instructions from your phone. It'll also be quite some time before anyone is forced to give up their ICE. Worry less. Embrace when it suits you. Or not at all.

These are the soccer matches that intrigue me. Switzerland only has the population of Virginia and is taking England to the brink.

Reminds me of Croatia's great run in 2018.
Brits won 5-4 in penalty kicks. Switzerland homeland of greatest professional Tennis player ever.

You could still drive your own car, sure. Most estimates are 90% at most. Just will pay the old insurance rates, so not necessarily cheaper over the long-run. Once used AD cars are available, it shouldn't be much different.

There will also be less ownership overall, so reduced demand...reduced prices. There will be more ride sharing, much moreso than now. Overall less need to drive (remote work, delivery services, urbanization vs suburbanization, etc). It will end up cheaper just to rent a ride than fully own a car you don't often use. May keep a backup weekend warrior on cheapened insurance.

We're still a good ways away. You'll be retired living beside Yogi by the time it happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
That guy is @Vfl2407. The kids cheered for the Vols when they wore black jerseys or they used initials he needed to complain about for 7 or 8 posts.
Nope. If you go back and read those posts, I did no complaining. I just pointed out that most of our players and recruits now prefer black to orange. I even said that I’m fine with that even though im a traditionalist that prefers Orange especially when we play in big important games.

Did they have the run rule when that LSU team set the record? I know they did it in a time where the bats were considered jacked, but I have no idea if the run rule existed at the time, and if it did, how many innings it may have cost them. In a straight head-to-head comparison, we'd also have to look at total number of games played to reach the totals. No matter what, I think what our team did this year was pretty significant and led to a title. Also, let's not forget, we're the first team to have 5 different players hit 20 or more HRs. And only one other team has had 4 players do it.
Maybe the best way is to calculate HR based on number of innings played vs games. This would take away rule run.

Lol, crazy thing is I didn't forget to put anything. I would think if anybody look at the schedule they would see who we are playing and think to themselves and say he's referring to such and such, but maybe I'm wrong 😂. I respond but I don't get upset with off the wall comments. I'll continue to give you guys nuggets I know and or find out.
You are the man, and yes. Most normal posters looked at your comment and knew exactly what you were talking about. That particular poster seems to really like complaining about the most insignificant issues.

EVs will ultimately cost less than ICE cars and self driving tech will become as meh as getting driving instructions from your phone. It'll also be quite some time before anyone is forced to give up their ICE. Worry less. Embrace when it suits you. Or not at all.
I know it means a vehicle operated by a person, but what does ICE stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back