Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally someone kicked it back out and Dalton hit a 3. Maybe he'll get going now and his teammates will look to dish it back out.

East has no idea how to drive and dish
East is a G-League player, as most of these guys playing are. Maxwell Lewis is a project drafted last season.

I know it means a vehicle operated by a person, but what does ICE stand for?
As was already mentioned, Internal Combustion Engine.

EVs have a small fraction of the moving parts. Over the long term, they will be cheaper to acquire and cheaper to maintain. But like all tech, it takes time. And like all major change, there will be those who aren't excited about the change, but ultimately it will become normal.

It's really ironic. My company makes factory automation controllers, but one of my partners refused to drive a car with automatic transmission or power windows. Cause change is hard.

For me, 9-3 is the line. 8 wins or lower will feel disappointing in year 4.

9 wins means we beat some good teams and are in the playoff hunt. Maybe UT is a playoff team with 9 wins, depending on how the season shakes out. More parity in CFB now.

10 wins is a surefire playoff team and another step forward. UT would potentially host a game the Saturday before Christmas, if we won 10 games.

There’s lots of IFs on this season and I’m hopeful that the injury bug is kind to us this year.

As a betting man I’d say 9 wins. Successful? Make the playoffs.

For me, 9-3 is the line. 8 wins or lower will feel disappointing in year 4.

9 wins means we beat some good teams and are in the playoff hunt. Maybe UT is a playoff team with 9 wins, depending on how the season shakes out. More parity in CFB now.

10 wins is a surefire playoff team and another step forward. UT would potentially host a game the Saturday before Christmas, if we won 10 games.

There’s lots of IFs on this season and I’m hopeful that the injury bug is kind to us this year.

making the playoffs to me

As was already mentioned, Internal Combustion Engine.

EVs have a small fraction of the moving parts. Over the long term, they will be cheaper to acquire and cheaper to maintain. But like all tech, it takes time. And like all major change, there will be those who aren't excited about the change, but ultimately it will become normal.

It's really ironic. My company makes factory automation controllers, but one of my partners refused to drive a car with automatic transmission or power windows. Cause change is hard.
I am all for advancements…. just wish they would get the tech to a certain point before trying to force it on everyone. What are the plans for the electric grid once the majority is electric?

How were they setting him up? The old guy is responsible for managing his emotions and how he reacts. If anything it was smart on their part because no doubt the older man would have told the cops some BS about the kids to get them in trouble. Thankfully, the camera doesn't lie. Also, you can't just walk up to someone and break their property, regardless if they're trespassing.

Read that last part again. I agree he is responsible for his actions. As far as setting him up, have you ever done things to people that you know would piss them off? The kids could know what sets him off and be doing it intentionally. I'm just saying there are 2 sides to the story. Video might not lie, but it can certainly mislead! :)

Maybe he is all in the wrong, maybe both sides are, maybe the whole thing is staged.

Lol, crazy thing is I didn't forget to put anything. I would think if anybody look at the schedule they would see who we are playing and think to themselves and say he's referring to such and such, but maybe I'm wrong 😂. I respond but I don't get upset with off the wall comments. I'll continue to give you guys nuggets I know and or find out.
For the record, I was joking when I made the first reference to the "NC game" being the National Championship game.

I am all for advancements…. just wish they would get the tech to a certain point before trying to force it on everyone. What are the plans for the electric grid once the majority is electric?
Adoption will be slowed by lack of infrastructure. Government will be forced to relax mandates. We tend to emphasize the extreme that fits our bias, but reality is far more elastic. Doomsday rarely occurs the way we planned it.

But for the grid, I expect it'll end up being a Max All combination of conservation, new green tech, and SMRs. Could even see TVA dust off the plans for some of the shuttered plants like Phipps Bend.

I don't think the grid is as big a problem as the battery raw materials. There isn't enough lithium on the planet for everyone to have an EV. So they need to find an alternative there.

Once our government decides to back nuclear power instead of inhibiting it, the grid won't be an issue. We're already reaching a breaking point with energy supply. Once a large group of people regularly deal with rolling black outs as a normal part of their lives, the bureaucracy preventing new nuclear projects will magically disappear.

Summer League is wild stuff. Knecht has had opportunities that he hasn’t capitalized on, but also a lot of guys playing selfish basketball trying to stat sheet stuff.

Adoption will be slowed by lack of infrastructure. Government will be forced to relax mandates. We tend to emphasize the extreme that fits our bias, but reality is far more elastic. Doomsday rarely occurs the way we planned it.

But for the grid, I expect it'll end up being a Max All combination of conservation, new green tech, and SMRs. Could even see TVA dust off the plans for some of the shuttered plants like Phipps Bend.
Have you been to phipps bend? We were walking to it one night, and I came across a 10ft spider web with a 1ft spider in the middle of it. I was paralyzed for at least 30 seconds. It was blue and yellow and black.

Great place to stargaze though, once you get through the man eating spiders.

Have you been to phipps bend? We were walking to it one night, and I came across a 10ft spider web with a 1ft spider in the middle of it. I was paralyzed for at least 30 seconds. It was blue and yellow and black.

Great place to stargaze though, once you get through the man eating spiders.
Well aware of it. i'm there often...IMG_7604.jpeg
was that your guy? you can thank china.

'mildly venemous.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back