Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should be alarming to you is just how much power and influence LBJ has within the organization.
Lakers absolutely need to be careful about that. Kobe, God rest his sole, damaged the organization by hanging on as long as he did (with the lakers using up massive amounts of cap space on him).

Sometimes you need to ask yourself wtf it’s hurting. Kids fish on my dock all the time. Those kids are making great memories.
For the most part I agree. There's another side to this. I have a pond. I've spent $1000's stocking the pond. I've had people fish without permission and kindly asked them to leave because they didn't ask permission. I had some kids ask and granted their request but told them it wasn't a blanket permission. I'd then catch them fishing without permission and asked them to leave. I've always told people to not take any fish but to release them. I've caught them with 5 gallon buckets and asked them what was the purpose of the bucket. Was not given a reasonable explanation, it was obvious why. They've completely fished out my pond.

Another thing is liability. Let one of them fall in and get hurt, boom! A lawsuit incoming.

I've had people want to cross my property on 4-wheelers and I've had to tell them no. I checked with my insurance agent and he said never to allow people to fish, or any activity like that. He recommended posting "no trespassing" signs all over it. I asked him about a signed release and he said it's worthless. It's ashame we've become such a litigious society but you have to protect yourself.

The man was a total jerk though. If they weren't allowed to be there then ask them to leave, nicely. If they refuse, call the cops and have them formally trespassed.

For the most part I agree. There's another side to this. I have a pond. I've spent $1000's stocking the pond. I've had people fish without permission and kindly asked them to leave because they didn't ask permission. I had some kids ask and granted their request but told them it wasn't a blanket permission. I'd then catch them fishing without permission and asked them to leave. I've always told people to not take any fish but to release them. I've caught them with 5 gallon buckets and asked them what was the purpose of the bucket. Was not given a reasonable explanation, it was obvious why. They've completely fished out my pond.

Another thing is liability. Let one of them fall in and get hurt, boom! A lawsuit incoming.

I've had people want to cross my property on 4-wheelers and I've had to tell them no. I checked with my insurance agent and he said never to allow people to fish, or any activity like that. He recommended posting "no trespassing" signs all over it. I asked him about a signed release and he said it's worthless. It's ashame we've become such a litigious society but you have to protect yourself.

The man was a total jerk though. If they weren't allowed to be there then ask them to leave, nicely. If they refuse, call the cops and have them formally trespassed.
That is, unless he had asked nicely prior to that and they still refused and he had to get real.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Thanasis Antetokounmpo has never averaged more than 10 mins and 3.6 ppg in the NBA. Currently averaging 0.9 ppg.
I don't think Nasty and Bronny are in the same boat. Nasty was originally drafted by the Knicks, on his own merits. Now, maybe the Bucks signed him as incentive to his brother, that's possible, but it's not apples to apples.

Reactions: gainesvol82
It’s about how you lead the conversation, and you are doing things the right way involuntary. You have to lead with kindness. Always. Especially with children.
I would agree, but would add that consistency is also a crucial component. If people never how you will react and it is fair and consistent then you tend to get better reactions from folks. Especially kids.

Current commitment movement​

Starting at the top of the class, 2025 QB George MacIntyre took a significant drop in the latest rankings. MacIntyre fell from No.16 overall to No.74 overall. The coveted quarterback prospect was sidelined for the Elite 11 finals, which most likely played into his drop.

Top-rated defensive recruit Mariyon Dye moved up four spots to No.36 overall in the rankings. Dye also comes in as the No.4 EDGE prospect in the 2025 class.

Fellow EDGE recruit Jayden Loftin made a huge jump into the rankings. Loftin was previously not inside of the On300, but after this update, he is rated as the No.157 overall prospect in the class.

Top receiver commitment Radarious Jackson made a slight drop to No.83 in the rankings. Jackson remains an outlier for On3, as only one other service has him ranked inside of the top 250.

Fellow in-state prospect Ethan Utley remained close to his previous ranking. He moved down two spots to No.196 overall.

Interior Offensive Lineman Nic Moore moved up 39 spots in the 2025 On300. Moore now ranks as the No.211 overall prospect in the class.

Fellow offensive line commitment Douglas Utu stayed even keel at No.280 overall in the 2025 On300.

Utu was not the only Tennessee commitment to not move up or down in the rankings. Charles House stayed put at No.284 overall.

2025 Tennessee Tight End Commitment Jack Van Dorselaer dropped out of the On300 Rankings. Van Dorselaer was previously rated as the No.285 overall prospect.

Top Target Movement​

As the calendar turns over to July, Tennessee remains involved with several prospects in the On300 rankings.

David Sanders sits at the top of the list. The five-star offensive tackle comes in at No.6 overall in the class. Sanders is rated as the No.2 offensive tackle in the class.

Fellow offensive line target Josh Petty comes in at No.53 overall in the rankings, while mammoth offensive lineman Juan Gaston came in at No.234 overall in the rankings.

Gaston’s teammate and priority Tennessee wide receiver target Travis Smith is now at No.59 in the On300.

Running back targets Shekai Mills-Knight and Ousmane Kromah are both featured in the On300. Kromah comes in at No.104 overall, while Mills-Knight is new to the On300 at No.237 overall.

Two of Tennessee’s remaining defensive targets are rated inside of the On300 as well. Safety Lagonza “Shaedy” Hayward comes in at No.75 overall. Linebacker target Christian Gass comes in at No.85 overall.

Linebacker target and Georgia commitment Jadon Perlotte dropped out of the On300 in the latest update.
-Matt Ray

Star players have influence, but no other star player in the league has the power James does.
I don't watch the NBA, but he only has the power that he has because people allow him too have it. I have no doubt that he is still a great player, but the refs allow him to get calls through whining and teams give him whatever he asks for in hopes that he will bring them a trophy. He is well past his prime though at this point. The Lakers want to put their eggs in the LeBron bringing them a trophy basket then they are welcomed to it. I don't think it will pay off for them, but this entire post is a waste of my time because I think the NBA is a sub-par product and don't consume any of what they put out except to cheer for the Vols that make it to the pros. I am happy for them, but that is pretty much it.

Recruiting rankings are extraordinarily arbitrary. That is not to say that they are pointless, because it has been shown that teams with highly rated kids tend to perform better. Not always the case, but it is at least partial correlation. However, just because a kid is injured, doesn't participate in an overly glorified QB practice, and the recruiting rankings drop him does not mean 1 thing about how the kid will perform once he gets to campus.

I will NEVER understand why anyone would ever be so enraged by a kid fishing.

I will also never understand the audacity to physically touch and try to intimidate kids when you're a grown a$$ man.

I hope he gets charged by local PD for assault against minors and property damage AND I hope TWRA throws the book at him for violating their lawful right to fish. Then I hope those kids file a civil suit for emotional and property damages.

That looks like one of the neighborhoods where the actual neighborhood or developer owns the land around the lake and not the owner of the adjacent house. So they probably weren't even trespassing. Especially if they accessed through a property that gave them permission.

That local PD will be KPD. This gentleman lives in Knoxville

Reactions: SoilVol

I agree with this. I want kids to have fun and fish off my dock, but I also have to weigh the liability if one gets hurt and their parents want to cause trouble. I have to look out for my own family first. There's definitely some added concerns like that when living on a lake. I've had to get an umbrella policy with a lot of liability coverage just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back