Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should make a language that only uses words from each generation's slang. Go all the way back to like 2,500bc.
'(Amoebaeic silence) Ug-ug, grunt, Glurg, Hee, Heep, Heeretoo, Heretoothee, Heretotheethine, Heretoothebringmemywhinewench, Please bring me a beer, honey, Yo, get dat fizz on fly, beesh, KK, get dat Nat, byatch...no cap☠️'

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I don’t complain much…. ESPN just stays off unless a game I want to watch comes on… ESPN sucks but it is what it is.
I barely remember when I had Sportscenter on all the time. It's like MTV. . . almost. . . MTV never gets any airtime in my home, hasnt for decades now. In fact, as I type this, I'm not certain MTV is even still a channel.

Bo was a great one however I was at the game where we hit him so hard he took himself out of the game about half. There was an obnoxious Auburn Fan at my tailgate before the game that did not show back up after game. If you bring it, you have to show up afterwards.

If you watch the replay of the 1985 game, on the play where the pitch is behind him and he goes to his knees. Everyone is scrambling for ball that is several yards behind him ( we recovered), but Richard Brown comes in at full steam and flattens him backwards away from the play. He was not the same after that hit.

I barely remember when I had Sportscenter on all the time. It's like MTV. . . almost. . . MTV never gets any airtime in my home, hasnt for decades now. In fact, as I type this, I'm not certain MTV is even still a channel.
It is, unfortunately. If you like Beavis and Butthead, it’s moved to Comedy Central with new episodes.

I miss watching Sportscenter while getting ready for school.

Yep…. I was the same…. I miss those channels when they were enjoyable to watch.

It is, unfortunately. If you like Beavis and Butthead, it’s moved to Comedy Central with new episodes.

I miss watching Sportscenter while getting ready for school.
I watched ESPN or MTV every morning back then. It really fell apart, nothing like what made it so cool to begin with.

It says EA 25 will be on xbox x/s. Is that xbox one x or xbox one s?

Edit: i guess not. Confusing if you havent owned one in a while.

Last edited:
Behind a paywall…ain’t subscribing to that rag.
i think it makes sense to trust Duvall's words over any other sourcing. She's clearly dealt with mental disorders throughout the later stages of her career and life, but she's not attributing them to her experiences with Kubrick. In fact, she seems to admire him as a director.

The dozen years before Heupel could have been completely different if UT had hired Whittingham.

Whittingham, Patterson, and Cutcliffe are the only 3 realistic, named candidates from 2008-2010 who would have lasted 6+ seasons here IMO.

It's interesting to think about the kind of leash they would have had with the program only having been down for a year or two at the time of their hires instead of a decade-plus as with Heupel.

Does the heat get cranked up on them if they aren't in ATL by 2012/2013 even if they are winning 9-10 games (with bowls) a year consistently after getting established? We were only a couple of years removed from the SECCG but at the same time it felt like we were a million miles away in 2010.

Reactions: GoBigOrange86
Are we watching the leaks start appearing in the dam? Seems to be a culture issue that’s only getting worse. I remember having the same feeling about Meyer at Florida towards the end.
Wishful thinking. They’ve had driving issues Kirby’s entire time there. If the dead player and massive lawsuit didn’t change anything, I doubt anything will.

i think it makes sense to trust Duvall's words over any other sourcing. She's clearly dealt with mental disorders throughout the later stages of her career and life, but she's not attributing them to her experiences with Kubrick. In fact, she seems to admire him as a director.
EVERYBODY admired him “as a director”…especially her co-star Jack Nicholson. Man was a genius…the tortured variety. He was notorious for pushing it to just beyond the limits…actor safety be damned. Can’t remember the name of the documentary, but lives were endangered on Full Metal Jacket in the name of getting IT right. Same thing with Oliver Stone on Platoon. Hey, not pulling down any statues of the guy! Enjoyed his results as much or more than anybody. Human genius has a flip side and nothing’s changing my belief in the stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back