Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quit when I was 19 for about 2 months after my dad died and then one Saturday I was going fishing and we stopped at a gas station that had Copenhagen original for .89 that was almost out of date and I bought a can for fishing.......... been doing it ever since. I actually started when I was 12, skoal bandits. Found Copenhagen when I was 16 because a buddy I played baseball with talked me in to trying it. He was right, it was so much better.
Your family is alot like mine, my pappaw used red man and bloodhound till he died at 86. My other pappaw used bugler tobacco and red man golden blend till he died at 79. Neither ever had any kind of health issues due to tobacco. I hope I got those same genes myself.
Honestly, I hope you are able to quit someday, but certainly don’t begrudge you if you enjoy it. It took me a few attempt to finally quit. One day I was like, “Meh, I don’t want to do this anymore.” I hope you got those longevity genes too.

They are a really good store! I bought the Redwood Empire BiB from them recently….

Kind of disappointed in the bottle so far, weirdly flat finish…hope it gets better as it sits.
Bottle me and the lady just finished is Jeptha Creed Single Barrel Reserve is absolutely PHENOMENAL. We are going back to Maryville tomorrow to the store I got it from to grab two more bottles. It’s that good. I highly Recommend

@SoilVol i had a snake narrowly escape the lawnmower today. Black with a single vertical yellow (tint of orange maybe) stripe that didn't appear to go the full length of the body. It slithered away too fast to say for sure. Any idea which of your friends that was?
About how big and where was this yellow stripe located? Was it along the back or side lengthwise?

Honestly, I hope you are able to quit someday, but certainly don’t begrudge you if you enjoy it. It took me a few attempt to finally quit. One day I was like, “Meh, I don’t want to do this anymore.” I hope you got those longevity genes too.
Honestly, I do too because its hard to tell my son not to do it when I'm doing it. Luckily he wants nothing to do with it right now and hopefully it stays that way. Your mom is pretty strong willed to quit smoking cold turkey, don't know if I could do it unless I had to.

I don't see how. GPA varies widely from school-to-school and program-to-program. ACT/SAT are standardized. Grade inflation is endemic in education, meanwhile.

Universities are transitioning away from the ACT/SAT because they need warm bodies to admit thanks to the coming enrollment cliff and the broader threats to higher education stability.
GPA and standardized tests are both valuable tools imo, and neither should be considered THE determining factor. Example I did well on testing but I was LAZY in high school so my gpa was trash. My kids made good grades but had test anxiety so didn’t test well. Just like everything else, we are all different

Not to get political or into a “living wage” debate, but paying burger flippers $12-15 per hour was always going to come back to the customer. I got 3 combo meals from McDonald’s a week or so ago…$34.
It’s such a basic principle. I don’t know why people can’t understand.

I quit dipping 12 years ago and I think about it all the time. I loved Red Seal fine cut wintergreen. I'll look over the cashier's shoulder and check the prices of tobacco sometimes. It's doubled in price, since I quit.

I don't smoke but Marlboros are $8 a pack! Unbelievable
I made the switch to Healthy Dip. It's a pouch but with herbs and spices instead of tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back