Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grow an uncommon heirloom dent corn variety that's blue/purple. I've made corn meal out of it so it's fun to make beautifully purple grits, cornbread, and fried fish/chicken. Throws people for a loop🤣View attachment 658240
That is moonshiner likker corn. Purple Passion,

She saw her dad die from emphysema. My dad’s mom is the one that smoked into her 60s and lives until 94. Both did quit cold turkey. Much stronger will than me. That nicotine is a demon.
Sorry about that, I got misread and got mixed up. That's a tough thing to go through. My dad had mouth cancer but beat it, he ultimately passed from pancreatic cancer. Back then you didn't have much of a chance if you had it. Quiting cold turkey just seems almost impossible to me, cause like you said nicotine is a demon.

I made the switch to Healthy Dip. It's a pouch but with herbs and spices instead of tobacco.
I decided about 6 months before quit that I was going to stop dipping by the end of 2011. I tried to ween myself off with Smokey Mtn Herbal snuff. That crap was like molasses and grass clippings mixed together and it was just as expensive as Red Seal. After about 5 cans, I went back to Red Seal and dipped as much as possible for the last 3 months. I bought a can a couple of days before Christmas and told myself that was the last one..... and it was. I've still got that last can. It's in my bathroom drawer next to my toothbrush holder.

Sorry about that, I got misread and got mixed up. That's a tough thing to go through. My dad had mouth cancer but beat it, he ultimately passed from pancreatic cancer. Back then you didn't have much of a chance if you had it. Quiting cold turkey just seems almost impossible to me, cause like you said nicotine is a demon.
I had help from Chantix. I was able to quit and pick it up off and on and quit no problem. Finally got tired of the cost and smell and said f’ it, I’m done. You can do it.

I had help from Chantix. I was able to quit and pick it up off and on and quit no problem. Finally got tired of the cost and smell and said f’ it, I’m done. You can do it.
I used to use a can a day but have since cut back to 5 cans a pay period, get paid bi monthly. I switched from original to natural so I wouldn't use a can a day. Got tired of spending 5 bucks a day on a can of snuff. I don't do it like that anymore but if I'm fishing or hunting I've got a dip in.

Not to get political or into a “living wage” debate, but paying burger flippers $12-15 per hour was always going to come back to the customer. I got 3 combo meals from McDonald’s a week or so ago…$34.
Other than breakfast I just can't eat there. And I definitely can't pay what they're charging now. Subway and mcdonald's have lost their minds with prices. You can do Freddy's or five guys for near what you can mcdonald's if you're willing to share the mountain of fries at five guys.

I decided about 6 months before quit that I was going to stop dipping by the end of 2011. I tried to ween myself off with Smokey Mtn Herbal snuff. That crap was like molasses and grass clippings mixed together and it was just as expensive as Red Seal. After about 5 cans, I went back to Red Seal and dipped as much as possible for the last 3 months. I bought a can a couple of days before Christmas and told myself that was the last one..... and it was. I've still got that last can. It's in my bathroom drawer next to my toothbrush holder.
Happy for you

Other than breakfast I just can't eat there. And I definitely can't pay what they're charging now. Subway and mcdonald's have lost their minds with prices. You can do Freddy's or five guys for near what you can mcdonald's if you're willing to share the mountain of fries at five guys.
Uh, Subway is the worst. Dogshit food.

I walked in one today in Kport. Decided to eat there with NO other options than Wendys. The smell, look of the store. Waited 1-2 minuted without being helped. Said fuggit.

I walked in one today in Kport. Had to eat there with NO other options than Wendys. The smell, look of the store. Waited 1-2 minuted without being helped. Said fuggit.
Eh, there are decent subways out there. The one near me is fine. But $12-15 is just insane for that level of food. They and mcdonald's jacked their prices to fast casual and above level without raising their quality to match.

I walked in one today in Kport. Had to eat there with NO other options than Wendys. The smell, look of the store. Waited 1-2 minuted without being helped. Said fuggit.
I got my supreme meats on the app. Picked it to in Clinton. Also got 20% off. Was pretty good lunch for 6 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back