Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the best waffle mix was blue corn I got in Arizona. Delicious.
That could've been Hopi blue. I have some Hopi pink that was just given to me by a variety breeder in a trade for blue clarage which he didn't have.

These heirlooms are a lot more nutritious and flavorful imo. The blues, reds, pinks, and purple have a ton of antioxidants/polyphenols like anthocyanin.

And we went to the “discount show”. It was the first one we’d been to in years. It’s like any event. They have you over a barrel. We just got popcorn and two drinks. Will be be awhile before we go back. Just not that much I care to see.
We went to the drive in last time. Was a little cheaper but still expensive

And we went to the “discount show”. It was the first one we’d been to in years. It’s like any event. They have you over a barrel. We just got popcorn and two drinks. Will be be awhile before we go back. Just not that much I care to see.
wife and I went to Cinebar back in 2013 in Asheville, kidless. I remember it being well over $100. Cant imagine now.

Reactions: Volunteer821
That is moonshiner likker corn. Purple Passion,
Yeah blue clarage was given by the Delaware tribe (in Southern Ohio and Indiana) to the early settlers who grew it in that region for like 150-200 ish years exclusively. Used it for livestock feed primarily then moonshining during prohibition.

Up until the mid 1900s when you bought cornmeal at a general store it could've been one of numerous varieties of corn and the type was regional. Now it's all basically the same corn variety grown everywhere for commerical products and the modern variety iirc has fewer nutrients and beneficial amino acids than heirlooms and other historical corns. One of those products you're probably better off buying from a farmers market.

That can't just be because of higher wages.
It isn’t. We are so dependent on trucks, high diesel prices trickle down to everything. Lots of other factors too, but it’s very basic that if McDonald’s is having to pay their employees $12-$15 vs $7-$8, they aren’t going to eat the extra wages, it always gets passed on to the consumer.

I used to listen to him and widespread panic alot back in the day. Graduated to the gourds and now am just old and listen to everything.
If I had to guess, I'd say I've seen Panic at least a hundred times live. From 1997 up until Houser died in 02, went and saw them all over this country. Will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. While I love Jimmy Herring, their guitarist since 06, it's never been the same since Houser passed.

Got disappointing news earlier this week at my wife's check up. She got a call back from MD Anderson today. Hopefully they have a different treatment to try.

Diligence and prayer is what we have.
Kind of disappointed. Either a moderator or another poster was offended enough by this post that they moved it where the people it was directed to couldn't find it any more.

www.mycancerstory.rocks

I know of two people in the TriCities area who have recovered from serious cancers using this protocol. Not just internet heresay...real people.

I would also be adding functional mushrooms like turkey tail. Look up Paul Stamets, with specific emphasis on treating his mother's Stage 4 cancer.
My wife's primary uses both traditional and wholistic treatments. I don't think we're leaving many stones unturned.

If I had to guess, I'd say I've seen Panic at least a hundred times live. From 1997 up until Houser died in 02, went and saw them all over this country. Will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. While I love Jimmy Herring, their guitarist since 06, it's never been the same since Houser passed.
I was that way with Jimmy Buffett, seen him a million times from 92 to 08 all over. Panic was so awesome, sadly I haven't really listened to them in years, think Ill listen to Aint life grand tomorrow on the way to the lake.

No kidding, me and wife are here now. 22 bucks for 2 drinks and 2 chicken cantina bowls.
Well, good for you. I know what looking out for a cheap meal looks like. I search for a cheap meal every day. Contrary to what most people think. Fast food is cheap for a reason. I’ve cooked professionally since 1998 (yes, know I’m old 🙄). When you get home, look up what chicken nuggets are made of, or taco meat from Taco Bell is. I’m sorry. I really am sorry.

I was that way with Jimmy Buffett, seen him a million times from 92 to 08 all over. Panic was so awesome, sadly I haven't really listened to them in years, think Ill listen to Aint life grand tomorrow on the way to the lake.
It's been going on 10 years since the last time I saw them...I don't get to as many shows as I use to. Ain't Life Grand is a perfect song to listen to while heading to the lake.

If my mind isn't failing me, I can only think of 3 times I saw Buffett. Once at Starwood, once in Chicago, and once at Bonnaroo...in 09 or 10, I believe.

Well, good for you. I know what looking out for a cheap meal looks like. I search for a cheap meal every day. Contrary to what most people think. Fast food is cheap for a reason. I’ve cooked professionally since 1998 (yes, know I’m old 🙄). When you get home, look up what chicken nuggets are made of, or taco meat from Taco Bell is. I’m sorry. I really am sorry.
We try our best to not eat much fast food, mostly for that reason. I don't think I want to know what's in it. I read somewhere a long time ago that the ground beef was like the lowest grade allowed or something like that. We mostly eat deer, fish, and whatever vegetables come out of the garden but kids were with the youth group at church and wife didn't want to cook so we decided to eat nasty tonight. I'll pay for it tomorrow, I usually do.

I grow an uncommon heirloom dent corn variety that's blue/purple. I've made corn meal out of it so it's fun to make beautifully purple grits, cornbread, and fried fish/chicken. Throws people for a loop🤣View attachment 658240
I've never pooped purple before...
sounds-like.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back