Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I’m gonna have to break down and buy a console to play this new football game. I don’t really play games so I figured I’d buy an Xbox Series S Since I’d only ever be playing this one game and it seems the cheapest.
That's probably what I'll get, if I can find one cheap enough. May not get one. . . not sure I'll play it more than a couple times.

Happy Saturday

July 13, 2024: A spiritual portal is opening to reveal the path to achieving that which has been otherwise impossible. I will open an avenue of possibility that will serve your purpose and make your goal achievable. All you have to do is follow My leading and hold on to faith that I can do what you cannot. Be strong and resolute, says the Lord. Matthew 19:16 But Jesus looked at them and said to them: With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.

It is a tool, for now. People use all kinds of tools for both good and ill. I agree that AI has the capability of being used for horrible purposes. However, I also believe that it could be used for amazing good. The human brain is an incredible thing, but it is limited in its capabilities. Computers can perform much more complex functions many times faster than our brains can. We just have to be smart about it. We probably won't, but Pandora's box has already been opened and the toothpaste isn't going back in the tube without making a mess at this point.
It's very far ahead of what is being.shown to the public.

That's probably what I'll get, if I can find one cheap enough. May not get one. . . not sure I'll play it more than a couple times.
Give me a shout on here if you get one and we’ll play a few games. Yeah honestly I’m not in the mood to spend of money either and I’d figure I could just sell it when I got bored of it lol.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
We were in London on July 4th. Had multiple Brits congratulation us for the win. Then they immediately went on to say thanks for coming to the rescue in both WWI and especially WWII. 🤠

We toured Winston Churchill’s war bunker command center and he said that the war was won when he found out that Japan had bombed Pearl Harbor. He knew that was the biggest mistake that could have happened. 😎
I've been to that bunker. Really interesting to see and to be at the very spot he lived and worked.

I still dream about the chorizo, egg and cheese burritos I used to get from the roach coach (food truck that came on base and pulled up to the pier in the mornings) in the Navy. I’ve had a couple good ones here around Nashville, but nothing will ever be as good as those.
I was never a huge fan but they are the bomb most popular breakfast when I lived in Sante Fe. Now green chile or Christmas anything and I was in!

I wanted to @ Doc about our national championship but decided to let things unfold however they would. 😂
I watched all of the CWS live.
But stayed away from VN because of the hysteria around game play. It’s been fun catching up and reading the highlights and lows of the RF.

I also dreaded finding out about @SweetasSoda 😢 Glad she was here for the championship. Now she will have a front row seat from up there! 😊

I was never a huge fan but they are the bomb most popular breakfast when I lived in Sante Fe. Now green chile or Christmas anything and I was in!
VA hospital cafeteria in Albuquerque had my favorite combination in a breakfast burrito. Egg, sharp cheddar cheese, salsa, crispy hash brown and sausage links. Cue heart attack.

It’s crazy. Chat GPT is moving at warp speed.
Well, the dumb mother ****ers who came up with this can live with their own stupidity.

I mean, if the answer to the question was. Did we really need a robotic sweet tea machine? Did we really need an automated lawn mower? Is driver less car driving, truly necessary? Does a damn robot really need to write my term paper for me?

Or am I (as a society) just too effing lazy?

I watched all of the CWS live.
But stayed away from VN because of the hysteria around game play. It’s been fun catching up and reading the highlights and lows of the RF.

I also dreaded finding out about @SweetasSoda 😢 Glad she was here for the championship. Now she will have a front row seat from up there! 😊e.
We will have new Smokey Grays for her to look down upon too. She loved those.

Last edited:
Well, the dumb mother ****ers who came up with this can live with their own stupidity.

I mean, if the answer to the question was. Did we really need a robotic sweet tea machine? Did we really need an automated lawn mower? Is driver less car driving, truly necessary? Does a damn robot really need to write my term paper for me?

Or am I (as a society) just too effing lazy?
Wait until AI solves the fusion power equation and we have nearly limitless low cost energy to power all these automations. We will really have time on our hands then. What will we do with it? I will spend more time on VN bantering with you morans.

That's why they brought that assistant back. for sure.
So if TV left. Players enter the portal. UT hires Elander as HC, then those players would jump back out of the portal.

The biggest difference is that sausagebagel is a slime ball and Coach Vitello is a great coach and man who has morals and is dedicated to Tennessee.

I think the home opener needs to be the Orange and White. (Plus, I'll be there and "old faithful" is my favorite uni.)

Maybe wear the grays for Kent State or NC State, both those games are at night. MSU late in the season might be a good time for them. It's supposed to be a night game too.

KY is the week before MSU on November 2nd and it's at night. Dark mode for Kentucky always feels right

I don’t think UT would do two consecutive home games back to back weekends with dark mode and Smokey greys.

Miss St weekend is homecoming too. I doubt we wear anything but the orange and white or perhaps the orange on orange combo for that game.

I would predict that Kentucky is the dark mode game and the Kent St game will be the Smokey grays.

That wasn't demeaning. It was a sincere encouragement to evaluate where the spirit of fear and despair was coming from. I'm not excited by many things in this world, but my joy and my peace is in Him, and no elite of either stripe, with or without AI, can take me from His hands.
For me, pointing out that I think the eventual outcome of something is bad doesn’t mean I fear it, it just means i think it isn’t going to end well. I’m not worried about it for me personally, because of exactly what you said, I have Jesus. But I have close family and friends who do not. So I’m not afraid. I’m not anxious or borrowing trouble, just pointing out that imo at the end of the day AI is not going to be good for humans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back