Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Above highlighted basically states my point. At what point in human history have evil people not turned things that could be used for good into evil? Whether people want to admit it or not, and call me a conspiracy theorist, that’s ok, the people who are truly running the world have evil intentions.
The point that seems to be continually missed is that AI will bring hyperintelligence to everyone, not just elites. Unlike nuclear weapons, or other forms of big tech, this won't be limited to big money or big tech, any more than software is limited today. The computational requirements will be somewhat limiting for the near future, but eventually computational power will have grown exponentially and should no longer be a limiting factor for those of more meager circumstance.

I worry far less about totalitarian powers and far more about small scale extremists. Of course one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, so it's all perspective. If it's a small scale group you support, that'll be a good thing.

In the end, either the peace of God rules in your heart, or it doesn't. I choose peace.

Wait until AI solves the fusion power equation and we have nearly limitless low cost energy to power all these automations. We will really have time on our hands then. What will we do with it? I will spend more time on VN bantering with you morans.
We should start a company. . . we could call it Buy n Large.

The point that seems to be continually missed is that AI will bring hyperintelligence to everyone, not just elites. Unlike nuclear weapons, or other forms of big tech, this won't be limited to big money or big tech, any more than software is limited today. The computational requirements will be somewhat limiting for the near future, but eventually computational power will have grown exponentially and should no longer be a limiting factor for those of more meager circumstance.

I worry far less about totalitarian powers and far more about small scale extremists. Of course one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, so it's all perspective. If it's a small scale group you support, that'll be a good thing.

In the end, either the peace of God rules in your heart, or it doesn't. I choose peace.
IMG_3434.jpeg

See the bolded. Could not read past that proclamation of goodness for all. Human history says, "Nope."

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back