Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh it won't be all goodness, but neither will it be all badness. Like in most things, the world will find a new equilibrium.
That is an optimistic view for sure. Not one I share. One of the primany, often stated purposes of AI development is for transhumanism implementation. Giving moral authority to AI is not very intelligent IMO.

Nothing about this has design cues from the Titans.
You don't see any similarities? Really?

1720890559853.png

It's not a big deal. I just think it would be better to leave the Titans to take ideas from the state flag.

I'm not crapping on the design. I'm a Titans fan lol. I just think UT has such a huge brand it doesn't need to brand itself from a "state pride" angle that you see a lot of schools do. Even though the indirect shot at Vandy is always funny to me.

Reactions: peaygolf
You don't see any similarities? Really?

View attachment 658416

It's not a big deal. I just think it would be better to leave the Titans to take queues from the state flag.
I can't believe this is serious.

We took the tristar from the state flag - not the Titans. The tristar has been integrated into a ton of Vols stuff historically just not on uniforms. Professional and college teams across the state have used tristar logos in their stuff in the past, including the Preds and Austin Peay off the top of my head but you didn't say anything about that.

Also, we kept the true alignment of the stars from the state flag, whereas the Titans changed the alignment. The star alignment on the tristar is very specific and represents the 3 grand divisions of the state. Our new uniforms represent the state of Tennessee from Memphis to Bristol. It has nothing to do with the Titans.

It's hidden but the Titans do have this design inside the collars: View attachment 658421

Certainly not obvious upon casual inspection
That's not a "design cue from the Titans". Also, the three stars on our leg panel are oriented with the tristar they aren't straight like this.

The Titans took design cues from the flag. The Vols took design cues from the flag. They are inspired by the same source material. That is different than the Vols designing based on the Titans.

I can't believe this is serious.

We took the tristar from the state flag - not the Titans. The tristar has been integrated into a ton of Vols stuff historically just not on uniforms. Professional and college teams across the state have used tristar logos in their stuff in the past, including the Preds and Austin Peay off the top of my head but you didn't say anything about that.

Also, we kept the true alignment of the stars from the state flag, whereas the Titans changed the alignment. The star alignment on the tristar is very specific and represents the 3 grand divisions of the state. Our new uniforms represent the state of Tennessee from Memphis to Bristol. It has nothing to do with the Titans.
Okay bud! Sorry for having a wrong opinion 👍!

If you think having identical branding to Austin Peay and the Titans on the unis is cool, I'm cool with that opinion. Lol I forget how y'all get about these things sometimes

Okay bud! Sorry for having a wrong opinion 👍!

If you think having identical branding to Austin Peay and the Titans on the unis is cool, I'm cool with that opinion. Lol sometimes I forget how y'all get about these things sometimes
Thanks for apologizing as you should.

We ARE the state brand. The flag is the brand of the state. It's an alternate anyway, so just don't watch football that day if it hurts.

That's not a "design cue from the Titans". Also, the three stars on our leg panel are oriented with the tristar they aren't straight like this.

The Titans took design cues from the flag. The Vols took design cues from the flag. They are inspired by the same source material. That is different than the Vols designing based on the Titans.
Having them be in a straight line like that could be argued to be a design cue from the Titans uniform imo, even though the orientation is different but I know what you mean.

Also, I don't think they DID use that design because of the Titans uniforms, Im just saying they appear similar.

That is an optimistic view for sure. Not one I share. One of the primany, often stated purposes of AI development is for transhumanism implementation. Giving moral authority to AI is not very intelligent IMO.
What? You don't like the idea of a 200 IQ sociopath that process millions of things per second.

It is funny to me though. Many conservatives see it as a tool for persecuting them, while many liberals see it as bringing about a humanist utopia. I think both are somewhat right, but I see man's creation of a humanist god as ushering the return of the real one. Regardless, it's coming, and I aim to occupy and prosper as long as I can.

Thanks for apologizing as you should.

We ARE the state brand. The flag is the brand of the state. It's an alternate anyway, so just don't watch football that day if it hurts.
They should probably fix the colors then huh? Ya know... Just to make sure they are getting the flag EXACTLY right for maximum state pride... 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back