Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

I have a connection to potential good seats for the Oklahoma game. I have been planning to go to the game ever since it was scheduled. My wife has known about my plans.

My mother in laws 85th birthday is the following Tuesday. Now they are planning a party on September 21.

Should I be the dutiful husband and go to the birthday party or be the selfish guy and go to the Oklahoma game?

My MIL is in pretty good shape and medical condition. I am pretty positive that she will make it to 90. That’s a much more important birthday correct?

I am kinda kidding around. I will tape the game and go to her birthday party. 🥳

Frick!
as a way to get back the those who would schedule such an event on that day you should take your MIL to the game with you.....

My cat now shiz' outside

It's not that risky unless pregnant, immune compromised or you get cat fecal matter on or in an open wound. My wife or I scoop it every day and change regularly. Never gotten sick or had it smell in my house. I also used great cat litter and have one tiny cat. It's the damn fur that bugs me.

Ha
Friend of mine worked as a nurse at a hospital for years. Some of the stories she would tell about things getting stuck up the arse are absolutely hilarious.

One was a 64 oz coke bottle…….o_O

That's an f'ing 2 liter bottle....wtf!

Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

I have a connection to potential good seats for the Oklahoma game. I have been planning to go to the game ever since it was scheduled. My wife has known about my plans.

My mother in laws 85th birthday is the following Tuesday. Now they are planning a party on September 21.

Should I be the dutiful husband and go to the birthday party or be the selfish guy and go to the Oklahoma game?

My MIL is in pretty good shape and medical condition. I am pretty positive that she will make it to 90. That’s a much more important birthday correct?

Frick!
I think the most appropriate thing to do is take the tickets and being a good VOL fan offering them to one of us who can go to the game!

Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

Frick!

Personally if a birthday party isn't ON the person's birthday it's never guaranteed I won't miss it to just stay home and watch football.

My compromise would be. "I'm going to the game, Tuesday night we can take your mom out for a private birthday dinner just the 3 of us."

It's not that risky unless pregnant, immune compromised or you get cat fecal matter on or in an open wound. My wife or I scoop it every day and change regularly. Never gotten sick or had it smell in my house. I also used great cat litter and have one tiny cat. It's the damn fur that bugs me.
Fur, smell, all of it.

My orange cat died in 2019, and Im just not into any more. We rescued a Chocolate Lab. Will never go back.

Personally if a birthday party isn't ON the person's birthday it's never guaranteed I won't miss it to just stay home and watch football.

My compromise would be. "I'm going to the game, Tuesday night we can take your mom out for a private birthday dinner just the 3 of us."
That’s perfect except my MIL lives in Houston and we live in DFW area…

Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

Frick!
to borrow millenispeak, yolo bro.

Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

Frick!
MIL's birthday is midweek. Schedule the party for the following weekend, the 28th. Reasons: You shouldn't have the party before her birthday. That's disrepectful. Maybe even bad luck. Etc. It will be more fun the following weekend she is really a year older. Etc. Etc.

The following weekend happens to be an open date for the Vols.

Last edited:
Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

Frick!
Take your MIL to the game for her birthday. Tell all the people that decided to plan her party on game day to pound sand.

Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

Frick!
Shes had 84 birthdays. Im showing up for that ou/ut game. GBO

Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

Frick!
Seems like there are only two realistic options. And honestly, I'd have to think faking your own abduction is a better choice than taking out your mother-in-law, all things considered.

Okay VN RF:

What say ye?

Frick!
Get an extra ticket and take your MIL to the game! Win-Win!

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Fur, smell, all of it.

My orange cat died in 2019, and Im just not into any more. We rescued a Chocolate Lab. Will never go back.
True story. My daughter had two cats who were litter mates (both are now buried in our back yard) when she was living at home. (Her picture is my avatar.)
Tennessee (who was orange and white)
Volunteer (who was all orange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back