Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that has stuck with me is what Milton said after the game on Saturday...."We're gonna come together or we're gonna separate"....as a supposed "leader" and QB of the team....that does not scream confidence or leader to me. As a leader it is your responsibility to make damn sure that the team comes together. That comment just rubbed me the wrong way.
Absolutely--- I hate to say it, but Milton seems to be all leader when everything is going well (Orange Bowl, offseason, I can throw it 90yds- but not hit anyone) but you could see on TV the other night with his expressions and body language on the sideline, he was not happy and not staying positive and motivating the team... He sat on the bench with this blank look and made comments to the guy next to him. I think the idea of QB1 and leader is great for him, but he doesn't quite know how to handle the in-game chaos if things start to come off the rails. He clearly wasn't ready for it, was rattled for quite a while. He only saw Hendon have success and not his back against the wall. We will see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

I do think he wants to be the guy, and gives 100%, but he simply doesn't have "IT" to do the job. There's a reason Mich happened and then Hooker coming in and taking over happened.

I know folks don't want Nico, but by the end of the SC game, we will truly know where we stand with Milton and will have a bye week to make a change if necessary. I really hope this was just another game of not being prepared for the adversity, players out, everything out of synch, and he rebounds and steps up on and off the field.

Heup and Co were not prepared, which is very concerning, especially the fact that this was the FL game and we had so many kids out for whatever reasons... I know team rules, etc, but you need to look at the game and where it puts us. Plenty of coaches have waited to discipline players based on the matchup. FL is so important and an away game. You wait if possible until UTSA to sit kids if possible. The last time Heup decided to discipline (Banks) we went to SC and we all know what happened there. Now I see Sampson is pissed and Mincey... Sampson and Wright need to be the main rotation. Wright can pass pro, so have him in as much as possible when we are in pass mode.

What was happening on those throws in the dirt? Was Joe being pressured bc the OL can’t block? I’d have to go back and look.

Not saying Joe is playing great. But even HH loses that game.
I agree that Milton didn’t have it easy because of the OL but idk about this part. HHs quick decision making and legs could have helped big time. Don’t get me wrong, it still would have been a tough game for him but there were plays throughout that game that HH makes that Milton didn’t.

Yeah it’s a bad combo right now. Joe can’t process the offense as fast as Hooker, and the OL isn’t giving him the time he needs. I hope the coaches can figure out how to take more off Milton’s plate so he can work faster.

I really don’t want to see Nico at this point. He’d be running for his life but if they can’t improve the offense then Nico is going to eventually get thrown out there.

The Oline was terrible but it was really in the run game and pre-snap penalties that were the problem. I don’t remember Joe running for his life. He barely moved in the pocket. UF only had 1 sack, and we’ve only given up 3 on the season. Especially with Mays back, I think Nico would be fine.

Reactions: Jack Burton
What was happening on those throws in the dirt? Was Joe being pressured bc the OL can’t block? I’d have to go back and look.

Not saying Joe is playing great. But even HH loses that game.
No way. We win with Hooker. Hooker would take off and run when plays broke down.

No way. We win with Hooker. Hooker would take off and run when plays broke down.
With Hooker in the game it's probably a 3 or 7 point deficit at half, and Hooker could put up 30 points against that Florida defense. Not sure Florida makes it past 24 without our offensive blunders and that snowball from hell that the 2Q turned into

If only we had a black jersey for this
200w.gif

If by old school you mean cheap shot designed to injure somebody, then I agree. Completely uncalled for. Not even close to being a good play.
You can call it a cheap shot but I seen worse than this ....clothes lines and such.......still don't think he meant to injure him...knock him out of game yes but to rupture his spleen no....but we can agree to disagree 😉

Reactions: VolNash17
I was born and raised in Kentucky, lived in Georgia since 99, I hate them both 🤣

I think where you live brings about a deeper hatred for the school/fanbase nearby. I live in Memphis and Memphis is by no means a rival, but I don’t like their fans and interacting with them.

I’m sure if I lived in Nashville, I’d feel the same about Vandy. But I can count on one hand how many Vandy fans I’ve met in Memphis. Vandy and Memphis are both localized fanbases.

While I think weed should be legal, the fact is that it is considered an illegal substance in Tennessee. He should just abide by the law. How hard is that?

I don't know. It's also not hard to not get caught. Many athletes do it though. It's beyond time for it to stop being considered a serious offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back