Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans need to move forward...instead of acting like being the Oilers..meaning the Oilers throwback uniforms yesterday..accomplished 2 things ...pissed Long time Oilers fans off..and made some Tennessee people make fun of them...they need to develop their own identity....
There’s actually more long time oilers fans that are now Titans fans than you realize. And they all love keeping the Oilers history. Also players like Warren Moon all love it too. Seems like the only ones that hate it are ones that aren’t fans of the titans to begin with. So who cares lol

There’s actually more long time oilers fans that are now Titans fans than you realize. And they all love keeping the Oilers history. Also players like Warren Moon all love it too. Seems like the only ones that hate it are ones that aren’t fans of the titans to begin with. So who cares lol
Spot on.

Reactions: mrMet
I think the OM game was rigged: Baron's TD taken off the board, the spot too wrong to be mere accident imo, etc. It kept OM alive for a NY6 bowl and punished us for succeeding while being (self) punished to avert even more punishment, which as assessed wrongly anyway.

I suppose rigging of the Pitt (just look at the amazingly horrible spot alone) and Purdue (overthetop a la Bama rigging) games were on the ACC. But I'll add that if something were done like that to Bama, Sankey would have gone completely ballistic rather than keeping his satisfied silence.

But I'm afraid I have to agree with you about the rest, checker. It's dreadful to think about.
We need to win and be in position to be a NC contender. If there's one thing man can't resist that's the want of money, become the cash cow and calls will go our way.

Let me say this, my Barnes hate aside, if this TN basketball team is as good as projected I actually think we will get a decent whistle in basketball this year.

Titans need to move forward...instead of acting like being the Oilers..meaning the Oilers throwback uniforms yesterday..accomplished 2 things ...pissed Long time Oilers fans off..and made some Tennessee people make fun of them...they need to develop their own identity....

Disagree. The owners of the franchise took the team and moved to TN and it is their's to use. We were the Tennessee Oilers for 2 seasons as well, the Texans franchise being in Houston is in no way enough reasoning for them to have any sort of rights to it.

The OL mauling our defenseive front, and DH and DPI no-calls are the conspiracy.
I’ve never been on board with the refs conspiracy until now. 2 straight games of no live ball penalties on our opponents? Nah, no way.

My post though was only speaking to the comment of “the refs hate us because we go too fast.” I think there are other reasons they hate us.

The SEC is not coordinating anything against. If anything it’s just bad officiating.
Bad officiating iyo is not bad both ways, but unidirectional game after game? Weird take.

The evidence of officiated targeted against us is overwhelming. You can count up the no-calls and bad calls. And count the same going the other way in the games.

Now the backstory has to rely on conjecture by nature, thus one might prefer one account to another, or simply deny every one of them, stonewalling. But that doesn't dispense with the evidence that it occurs. The case for bias does not require a backstory, as has been explained more than once by more than one poster.

In fact, the bias or rigging is so bad that even the less reliable final game stats (which completely turn a blind eye to bad calls and no-calls) (and can be adjusted to create a false apparence after a game has been settled) show strong (if minimized) signs of the bias.

Last edited:
Of course, the SEC Office officiating scandal is much bigger than everything happening at Michigan combined, since the SEC case centers on a conference office rigging conference championship pairings and playoff teams, thus manipulating the CFP championship.

And the preponderance of the evidence could be easily collected simply by thorough analyses of calls and no-calls. Even better if teams' weekly officiating reviews submitted to Birmingham were ordered to be released.
Jesus dude are you ever going to stop? We all get it Q.

Reactions: Alwaysopen711
I’ve never been on board with the refs conspiracy until now. 2 straight games of no live ball penalties on our opponents? Nah, no way.

My post though was only speaking to the comment of “the refs hate us because we go too fast.” I think there are other reasons they hate us.
Right. I think "because we go too fast" is an extremely obvious red herring advanced by the reality deniers.

But if it were the case, it is criminal, and every official and supervisor of officials in Birmingham, and their supervisors, should be terminated immediately, along with all accrued benefits and retirement, and criminally charged.

It is not within the professional discretion of game officials and their conference office supervisors to rig games against teams based on their personal offensive-strategy preferences.

Last edited:
I think we're definitely getting officiating bias against us this season...I am more curious of why though. It could be SEC hate straight up, could be the zebras hate towards tempo, but it could also be the "unofficial" punishment from the SEC for the Pruitt situation. I think the league was not happy about how much information we handed out freely to the NCAA when sticking it to Pruitt. One reason I believe this to be the case is how collectively the coaches, players, and AD are dodging and staying pretty silent about officiating in general.

So I almost get the vibe that the SEC has given some sort of reply that says "this is what you're going to endure." I think after that Ole Miss game in year 1 they (SEC/officials) backed off last year because they didn't want to appear to be screwing one of the best teams in conference. But this year I think at this point it seems pretty hard to dispute something fishy is going on well above simple incompetency in officiating cause if that was truly the case we wouldn't keep seeing the same familiar faces in stripes for our games.
Interesting thoughts. Very possible. But why screw the coaches and kids over who weren’t even here when all of that happened? That’s bush league. I think we have taken enough of the bias in 8 games. Let the guys play on a level playing field.

I think if the Titans had merely worn throwback uniforms one day after the same manner of every other NFL, there would have been no blowback. In fact, it might have been sorta cool.

But the she-tyrant could not be satisfied with that. She had to parade herself around in Oiler regalia at great length and on inappropriate occasions (such as Titans draft day) and apparently compel others to do the same, lest they incur her disfavor (and she being the one with the power to terminate employment). If she set out to offend (and it's not certain that she did not), she could hardly have arranged things in a more nefarious way.

It looks like she has a very unhealthy, even perverse, obsession with trolling her old social set in Houston. I'm hoping the grandson will not be such an ass.

I never minded the Oilers.

Last edited:
SEC can't fine players (yet). I think in general from top down there's been a bit of a "let's get a bit further away from our recent problems before we poke the bear"

I don't love that approach...I think the moment it started (Ole Miss) to now it should be a constant drum beat even if not in post game Heupel not being more animated during games (like Beamer, Stoops, Saban, Kirby etc. are) has be more than just "he's not like that."
Well the SEC had better stop the bias, because if they think what the fans did in the Ole Miss game was bad, pull that biased trash in the Georgia game and see what you get. It will be insane!

Interesting thoughts. Very possible. But why screw the coaches and kids over who weren’t even here when all of that happened? That’s bush league. I think we have taken enough of the bias in 8 games. Let the guys play on a level playing field.
In fact, it is the "stated" (if perhaps insincere) policy of the Birmingham office not to punish the innocent going forward after an event like the Pruitt disaster.

I think if the Titans had merely worn throwback uniforms one day after the same manner of every other NFL, there would have been no blowback. In fact, it might have been sorta cool.

But the she-tyrant could not be satisfied with that. She had to parade herself around in Oiler regalia at great length and on inappropriate occasions (such as Titans draft day) and apparently compel others to do the same, lest they incur her disfavor (and she being the one with the power to terminate employment). If she set out to be offend (and it's not certain that she did not), she could hardly have arranged things in a worse way.

It looks like she has a very unhealthy, even perverse, obsession with trolling her old social set in Houston. I'm hoping the grandson will not be such an ass.
The city of Houston practically forced them out of the city. So she has a right to troll the old social set in Houston, because it’s literally their fault that Tennessee has had a team since 1997 to begin with

AND the city was so stupid they didn’t even try to hold onto the Oilers rights like Cleveland did before they moved to Baltimore

City of Houston is at fault

The city of Houston practically forced them out of the city. So she has a right to troll the old social set in Houston, because it’s literally their fault that Tennessee has had a team since 1997 to begin with

AND the city was so stupid they didn’t even try to hold onto the Oilers rights like Cleveland did before they moved to Baltimore

City of Houston is at fault
You get it at least. Baltimore doesn't use the Browns stuff because the city fought for the history. Houston let the history go.

I mean they're silent because they don't want to be fined, but I do think some of it comes back to last season. Remember coaches were screaming we got top good too fast after the penalties. Coaches behind the scenes probably lobbied for this. As well as the officials hatred for our tempo.
Spot on! 💪

There is also the circumstance that Heupel has been penalized in game for objections very mild compared to Saban.

(I don't buy the tempo argument, but I have nitpicked elsewhere (#34,461).

I have been given to understand that some no small number of people in Houston resented it because they resented the team being moved, and resented the family of the person who moved them making an appeal to Houston. Idk. I certainly would not take whatever the announcers might have said as evidence.

Reactions: mrMet
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back