Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they aren't. The purpose of boxing is to use your fists and hit the other person. That boxer died of injuries sustained within the rules and norms of the sport.

The purpose of hockey isn't to raise the equipment as a weapon. Let alone to the head area. The hockey player engaged in egregious extra curriculars and raising an incredibly sharp blade up above the waist concluded with a young man dying.

It's closer to a football player taking his helmet and crushing the skull of another player in retaliation resulting in death.

It was criminal and outside the scope of the game.
'The two situations are a lot a like.'

I see your point, and agree. My comments were made at a point in the discussion where one stated that these individuals knew they were lacing up to compete in a sport thats physical, and dangerous. That could, in theory lead to serious injury.

The boxing scenario should have been stopped, or could have been stopped. Hockey, not so much. You make good points.

Still think it will be difficult to get a conviction in the Hockey example.

Last edited:
People need to pay more attention to the movement of coaches and leadership when determining if a program is headed up or down. In 2021 Dan Radakovich left Clemson as AD to join Miami. Seems like he knew something. Now the new AD has to pick up the pieces.

Remember Jeremy Foley at Florida? Stepped down in 2016 after we gifted them the east. Outside of two Dan Mullen years, they have been poor since then.

'The two situations are a lot a like.'

I see your point, and agree. My comments were made at a point in the discussion where one stated that these individuals knew they were lacing up to compete in a sport thats physical, and dangerous. That could, in theory lead to serious injury.

The boxing scenario should have been stopped, or could have been stopped. Hockey, not so much. You make good points.

Still think it will be difficult to get a conviction in the Hockey example.
I don't think it will be difficult. I think it's easy to separate within the game and outside of it. I'll be curious to see how England handles. I'm prepared to be disappointed lol

Volnation: Someone disrespects me or my family in public, I'm gonna whip dat ass so bad they'll never do it again.

Also Volnation: Dabo sounds unhinged for verbally responding to public disrespect.

Also Volnation: They should lock that hockey player up for murder, I don't care if he meant for the guy to die or not.

I don't think it will be difficult. I think it's easy to separate within the game and outside of it. I'll be curious to see how England handles. I'm prepared to be disappointed lol
Not sure how they work. I suspect in the US, there will not be many prosecutors with a lot of faith they can convince a jury of 12 against reasonable doubt.

I suspect it would be no charges and a wrongful death civil suit.

Volnation: Someone disrespects me or my family in public, I'm gonna whip dat ass so bad they'll never do it again.

Also Volnation: Dabo sounds unhinged for verbally responding to public disrespect.

Also Volnation: They should lock that hockey player up for murder, I don't care if he meant for the guy to die or not.
You think Dabo responding with nearly a 6 minute rant in that forum was the right move?

I’ve never been able to enjoy a boxing match, UFC, etc.. to see guys hell bent on bludgeoning someone else’s skull, pound someone into submission or an unconscious state; it’s just not something I understand the allure of.
I liked watching tyson, because he was a nightmare. Crazy as all hell, perfect body type for his sport and insanely skilled on top of it.

Reactions: engineerVOL
I liked boxing when I was a kid, but I liked to fight myself when I was a teenager. I think most boys do, it’s just a matter of if they have a safe outlet for that aggression or not.

Now that I’m older, I’m a lot less interested. That could also be because YouTubers are the most famous boxers on earth now though. It’s devolved a lot.

MMA has never interested me.. not enough Americans that are dominate and I don’t like wrestling/grappling.

You think Dabo responding with nearly a 6 minute rant in that forum was the right move?
Probably not, though I don't disagree with most of his points.

Invert the statements you thought I was disagreeing with, and you'll better get my point.

ETA: Dabo didn't sound unhinged, though his reply was probably not advisable. It's not a good look for him to tell the fanbase to be thankful to/for him when he's in a 4-4 season. He should probably have said something like:

"I know that you're angry and probably trying to get a rise from me, Tyler. I'm angry and disappointed too. I'll just say that my career speaks for itself at the moment, and we're working very hard to right the ship this year. I'd appreciate your patience, and appreciate the patience of this great Clemson fanbase as we return to the expectations we've built here."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back