Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I would not have gone down the rabbit hole and watched that along with the other videos showing this man's skate toward the bench. Disturbing stuff.

On a side note I grew up with the sons of a former player at this level, he came to Nashville years ago to help coach the South Stars...... Remember them?

I messaged these two friends who are brothers.... One said without a doubt intentional.... The other didn't go that far but stated if it wasn't intentional it was so careless guys shouldn't want any part of skating with him. Said this guy's career is already over with either way.
100% it's over. Criminal charges need to be considered for at the very least, gross negligence.

Not anywhere near the value they just gave up for him
A 2028 1st a couple of 2nd round picks and 4 expiring contracts...L.A. just dumped a load of unwanted Salary.,..Batum way past his prime...Morris downside of career...and Martin Jr.who holds a water bottle....plus Covington who Philly let go previously.....even trade...Harden will carry them in regular season while Leonard and George get that needed rest...🤨

He was checked right before/as it happened. How are you gonna prove it was an intentional act to injure and not a freak bang bang play?
Second degree murder (in the US, for comparison) doesn't require intention, nor does manslaughter. There is also an explicit category for involuntary manslaughter. Recklessness and/or negligence is a sufficient condition. If he were an ordinary Joe, most prosecutors would overcharge him and then offer him a "deal" to plead guilty some form of manslaughter or risk the sentence of the greater charge at an expensive trial. Of course, athletes in the US beat hell out of people, stomp their heads, act as accessories to murder, etc., with no criminal repercussions. I have seen on-court assaults in basketball that imo warranted criminal charges.

I don't think it was a hockey move.

Hockey is closer to boxing than baseball. Hell, fighting is built into the game.
And if the guy had died during an actual allowed fight it would be completely different. And I think you realize that.

But using your stick or skate to strike someone about the head is much more akin to a ball player striking someone with his bat - an egregious breach of the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back