Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I’m more excited than worried…. Betts and Muncey are swinging bats again….. Freeman should be back soon… Kopech looked amazing last night…. Graterol is getting ready to back…. Yamamoto is long tossing 200 feet so he is progressing nicely. The things i am worried about:

1. Evan Phillips struggles… hope it’s not arm related
2. when pitchers come back… will they be able to pitch at their normal level.

I think when everyone is back and healthy…. we will go on a big run like normal. I’d rather it be at the end of the year than in the middle like usual.
Nothing like Rainbows and 🦄 early in the day..

Reactions: Orange.
Fair point. If Allen never makes it to a Super Bowl you might have a point. But as of now he's 28 years old and just about to enter the prime of his career. I think he can win a couple of Super Bowls before he retires. At some point luck should even out.
As a Bills fan, unfortunately, the window of opportunity is closing for the Buffalo. It may have already closed. They were one of the oldest teams by average age in the NFL last year, especially on defense. They cut Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde and lost Tre'Davious White to an Achilles injury and then free agency. Matt Milano is recovering from an ACL injury at 30 years old. The DL is just OK.

Offensively, their best receiver is a second-year TE after trading away a malcontent in S. Diggs. Curtis Samuel, who I actually like, is perhaps their most sure thing at the WR position, but behind him, it's rough...a bunch of has-beens and never-weres (or at best, never-have-beens-yet). James Cook is perhaps an above-average RB whose touches will need to be monitored due to his size, but he is also a receiving weapon that affect the game in a number of ways.

All that to say, Josh Allen may have all the physical skill in the world, but his best years may be spent on a team looking to revamp itself at a lot of key positions. He has a good o-line, but he will have to elevate the play of his surrounding weapons or hope the Bills can add a true alpha WR at some point. Maybe Keon Coleman becomes that. Maybe they add Tee Higgins in the offseason.

Reactions: knoxvol52
The amazing thing about Dobbs was he didn’t run a super fast 40 or appear overly fast when running, but in the games nobody ever ran him down.
Dobbs was deceptively fast, dont let anyone kid you. Huge difference between 40 times, and game day speed. Dobbs is a big kid, plenty of times he would run up middle. And bounce off the wad. and end up with a big gain.

I present to thee...IMG_7957.gif

We are sleeping on Squirrel here, go rewatch the beginning of Bama game last season. Squirrel put on a clinic, before fading away like the rest of the passing game. I got to see Nimrod beat a guy deep before I’m ready to believe that. We’ve seen Squirrel beat a several guys, and come down with the ball even when he can’t locate it.
Nimrod did beat the Kentucky db deep last year

The dude I pay to stop by once a week to pick up poop in my backyard just realized that I don't have pets.
Finally GIFs | Tenor

As a Bills fan, unfortunately, the window of opportunity is closing for the Buffalo. It may have already closed. They were one of the oldest teams by average age in the NFL last year, especially on defense. They cut Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde and lost Tre'Davious White to an Achilles injury and then free agency. Matt Milano is recovering from an ACL injury at 30 years old. The DL is just OK.

Offensively, their best receiver is a second-year TE after trading away a malcontent in S. Diggs. Curtis Samuel, who I actually like, is perhaps their most sure thing at the WR position, but behind him, it's rough...a bunch of has-beens and never-weres (or at best, never-have-beens-yet). James Cook is perhaps an above-average RB whose touches will need to be monitored due to his size, but he is also a receiving weapon that affect the game in a number of ways.

All that to say, Josh Allen may have all the physical skill in the world, but his best years may be spent on a team looking to revamp itself at a lot of key positions. He has a good o-line, but he will have to elevate the play of his surrounding weapons or hope the Bills can add a true alpha WR at some point. Maybe Keon Coleman becomes that. Maybe they add Tee Higgins in the offseason.
Josh Allen want sniff a Super Bowl as long as Pat Mahomes or Joe Burrow are healthy every year. I will go as far to say the Jets will win AFC East this season with Aaron Rodgers.

VN Store

Back