Recruiting Football Talk VIII

You know it's possible to big up Brandon without dissing Dobbs. If you said this originally I wouldn't have said a thing. I too am rooting Brandon is better than Dobbs if we land him. I just don't think comparing him to Dobbs is a slight the way your post made it seem to be.

Faizon Brandon can be similar to Dobbs to warrant the comparison yet end up being the better player.
I never dissed Dobbs. I said they don’t play the position the same way and are in different systems. And that Fazion is more physically gifted (he’s the number #1 ranked player on 247 so that’s not some bold take). Not sure how you took it as dissing Dobbs.

You know it's possible to big up Brandon without dissing Dobbs. If you said this originally I wouldn't have said a thing. I too am rooting Brandon is better than Dobbs if we land him. I just don't think comparing him to Dobbs is a slight the way your post made it seem to be.

Faizon Brandon can be similar to Dobbs to warrant the comparison yet end up being the better player.
IMG_7955.gif

Ben Mckee thinks Nimrod starts at slot over Squirrel
We are sleeping on Squirrel here, go rewatch the beginning of Bama game last season. Squirrel put on a clinic, before fading away like the rest of the passing game. I got to see Nimrod beat a guy deep before I’m ready to believe that. We’ve seen Squirrel beat a several guys, and come down with the ball even when he can’t locate it.

@volbeast33

Should I start worrying now? You posted it will be all good, well good is now down to 4 1/2 game division lead and a BP that would make the pope cuss.
I’m more excited than worried…. Betts and Muncey are swinging bats again….. Freeman should be back soon… Kopech looked amazing last night…. Graterol is getting ready to back…. Yamamoto is long tossing 200 feet so he is progressing nicely. The things i am worried about:

1. Evan Phillips struggles… hope it’s not arm related
2. when pitchers come back… will they be able to pitch at their normal level.

I think when everyone is back and healthy…. we will go on a big run like normal. I’d rather it be at the end of the year than in the middle like usual.

I think the Virginia game was smart scheduling (in spite of the whining from many of our fans about a neutral site game…which was ignorant, since it replaced a road game, not a home game).

Virginia is a power four opponent, so the name looks good, even if the team isn’t. That’s much better than playing a team like Appalachian State, who is better than Virginia, but the name sounds more like a cupcake. I would like to schedule more teams like UVA, Washington State, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Texas Tech…basically bottom feeders in P5 conferences. That way you get the name recognition of beating a P4 school, but you’re less likely to lose to them than you are many of the Group of Five schools. You really have nothing to gain and everything to lose playing the latter.

I’d also like to see the UCLA series come back.
Nothing to lose except a future home game. Pretty unusual to get a OOC game with a P4 team that’s not a home & home deal. The teams from the next step down usually will play at our place for a big check.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back