Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I had no idea dudes' bodies excited you so much.

Not judging.
When those dudes take their bodies and win football games with them, then yes that excites me. Not sure what excites a purple fur ball such as yourself....tennis? Bowling?

Josh Allen want sniff a Super Bowl as long as Pat Mahomes or Joe Burrow are healthy every year. I will go as far to say the Jets will win AFC East this season with Aaron Rodgers.
Funny you mention Burrow. I don't think he's more talented than Allen. They are close as passers, but Allen's legs are a major plus for him. And he's proven far more durable despite all the running. But, Burrow and the Bengals are where Allen and the Bills were three years ago. Lots of key guys in the prime of their careers especially offensive skill position guys like Chase and Higgins.

So, while I agree with your statement, I think it has more to do with team makeup and timetable. Let's see if Burrow can push Cincy to the top in their win-now window. Buffalo couldn't get over the hump. I think Cincy would be just as effective with Allen or Burrow at QB. In fact, I'd argue that Allen provides them an element that Burrow doesn’t.

The difference is Allen is on a team in the twilight of their window while Burrow is right in the prime of it. They both face the same obstacle, though; Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Dobbs was deceptively fast, dont let anyone kid you. Huge difference between 40 times, and game day speed. Dobbs is a big kid, plenty of times he would run up middle. And bounce off the wad. and end up with a big gain.

I present to thee...View attachment 663609
I will never get sick of watching Dobbs play the QB position at the University of Tennessee. It could be frustrating at times, but no one was perfect.

I know it’s usually a troll account BUT next class looks like it could be the best one Heupel has ever recruited. This class isn’t looking too shabby either at this point.
A lot of it depends on how we do this upcoming season. If we beat the teams we should and win a game or 2 we shouldn’t and get in the playoffs, we will be even hotter on the trail than we are now.

An observation is simply an observation. Judgement does not have to be attached.
Said the Judgernaut.

Kitty Pryde GIF

Nothing to lose except a future home game. Pretty unusual to get a OOC game with a P4 team that’s not a home & home deal. The teams from the next step down usually will play at our place for a big check.
True. Even more reason the Virginia game was smart scheduling. We didn't lose a home game with that one...we replaced a road game with one in which we generated more revenue (and it was a "home" game in Nashville that gave Middle TN and West TN fans a chance to show out in support). The gnashing of teeth by some of our fans over that one was absurd.

Speaking of home and homes...I'd love a home and home with Georgia Tech. That's a road game with some benefit. Fans could get a fun weekend in Atlanta and the Vols would get more exposure in a city that is vital to recruiting. And we could renew an old rivalry.

Off season use to dragggggggg on forever.

Seems like time just goes by like lightning
Wait until your grandchild starts their first day of school and realize you started the cycle 40 years ago! 40 FREAKING years!
I’m trying to slow every day down and enjoy the ride as much as possible. Hope it takes 2 months for the season to start and a year for it to end.

Watching the basketball team make the elite 8 and then the baseball team dominate Omaha deep into June helps a lot.
If we win 10 games in the fall, this will have to be the greatest run of UT sports in our lives to this point. Who could have imagined it just a few short years ago?

VN Store

Back