Recruiting Football Talk VIII

It was just a bad take. I do agree the Vols have one of the most passionate and accessible fanbases in the country. But the titans trying to appeal to Vol fans is unnecessary, and not going to change anything. They just need to play good football consistently. That’s what drives attendance and revenue.
How is it a bad take to want to form partnerships with a collegiate fan bases in your area? I fail to see how that is a bad thing.

Last edited:
I think the Titans just need to draft better. We'll see if the new GM does better, but the mistakes of the last GM are still in everyone's mind. Trade AJ so they can draft an asthmatic WR that hasn't shown anything? The Georgia OL that was a complete and total headcase, not to mention bust. Will Levis.

I can only think of two Tennessee players I resent them not drafting. Hooker, because I truly think he's better than Levis, and Trey Smith. But I resent a lot of NFL teams for not drafting him. But hell, maybe it was for the best. He does have 2 SB rings now.

I also thought they should have kept Dobbs.
There’s only (I think) 8 guys left on the roster that were drafted by the previous GM. Which is insane

IIRC, wasn't the initial choice for the new franchise name gonna be Tennessee Pioneers? And didn't someone nix it as too similar to U. of Tennessee Volunteers?

But I don't remember hearing whether the Pioneers name was nixed from within the organization, or by threat of lawsuit from the university.

I do remember thinking what a unique uni could be designed using brown (for pioneers) & blue (for Memphis & MTSU) with just a little orange for highlights. Could've been an effective approach to earning some loyalties state-wide.
No idea, I was 4 years old when they had their first game in Memphis

Reactions: BruisedOrange
Over under seems like a crappy thing to bet on to me when I think about it. Too many variables. I don’t think they had 51–10 in mind when they made it that lol
Not with a -9.5 spread, 😂
I like the 1st half over for the Vols pts so far. The 1st qtr spread hit, but it was close too. We needed the last second fg to go o17.5 at halftime.

3rd qtr spread may be the bet to take next time. . . or 4th qtr spread. . . since our defense is so good and the other team should be tired in the 4th. . . unless we've blown them out already & are just on cruise control. . .

I bet the 1st qtr o/u will be 17.5 this week.

Reactions: Glitch
Insert gif of Levi's picking his nose and chowing down.
Just when I didn’t think you couldn’t be any more gross, you top yourself.
I agree on Levis and why I quit on the Titians when they drafted mayo boy. Look, I was a blow hard fan up until he was drafted. No, it wasn’t just because of that, it’s because of the poor decisions by the upper management and ownership. I’ve already told how much I loved watching Steve McNair and Eddie George, but the decisions coming out of that organization lost me. Let’s forget I was a Cowboy fan. Sorry 52. I was the fan that loved the cowboys when Roger Staubach was Quarterback.

Just when I didn’t think you couldn’t be any more gross, you top yourself.
I agree on Levis and why I quit on the Titians when they drafted mayo boy. Look, I was a blow hard fan up until he was drafted. No, it wasn’t just because of that, it’s because of the poor decisions by the upper management and ownership. I’ve already told how much I loved watching Steve McNair and Eddie George, but the decisions coming out of that organization lost me. Let’s forget I was a Cowboy fan. Sorry 52. I was the fan that loved the cowboys when Roger Staubach was Quarterback.
😂😂 what a chaotic post

I'm rewatching the game and immediately the defenses physicality jumps out. This D Line plays with pro technique, they all use that double arm punch to keep the offensive lineman shifting his weight and shoving them to shed blocks, stuff lanes and make plays........ That's when they're not pinning their ears back and blowing o linemen up.

NC State converted 3 times in the opening drive...... Then they substituted late and Tennessee subbed, at a turtles pace, with some gamesmanship and they burned the timeout. We were already winning one on one, but everything turned after that and we frustrated them at everything they were trying to do on offense from that point on.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back