Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Originally thought OU would be a tough game. No longer believe that. Vols win 34-13.

Young signal caller Jackson Arnold was sacked three times for a second straight week, following Temple's impressive Week 1 performance against OU's front, and struggled mightily as a result by completing just 19 of his 32 pass attempts for 174 yards. Oklahoma averaged a paltry 2.6 yards per carry. This against a Houston defensive front that allowed 195 yards rushing against UNLVa week ago.
I want to agree...but I just don't think we will win that easily. I want to see how the offense performs in a true hostile environment against a Venables defense.

I hope you're right and we annihilate them and make them wish they had never left their little playground for the SEC.

Really had no choice. They aren’t going to get a better one that is experienced, and they can’t reset with a rookie.
Eh, I'm not convinced you can't reset with a rookie if you take all that extra money to build an elite roster around that rookie. Situational of course but I just think the pieces around the qb are way undervalued and the qbs are over valued in the NFL with the exception of a few.

Purdy is a great example. Build an elite roster and even a Mr irrelevant can come in and have success. I'll never believe Purdy would have anywhere near that success at Washington or Carolina or some other bad team. It's the team that makes him so good.

I want to agree...but I just don't think we will win that easily. I want to see how the offense performs in a true hostile environment against a Venables defense.

I hope you're right and we annihilate them and make them wish they had never left their little playground for the SEC.
Yeah I'm not counting chickens yet.

But is that a game we can win? Absofrakingloutely.

And we owe the sooners.

Not sure what people saw. He completed 70% of passes and 1 miss easily could've been a long TD and another was a clear drop too. A third was the hit arm pick 6. That leaves the one bad pick and 2 other misses allll game 😆

Looked really good to me. Guess I missed the mediocrity. Just me. Not perfect, but mediocre is laughable imo. Dude ran with free abandon and shot freakin darts all night.

I get the optimistic angle you're getting at btw, but can't get over the adjective being thrown around.
Thank You!!!...that is bugging the absolute piss out of me.

An enlightening thing for them to do is to watch Aaron Murray's in depth analysis of Nicos game last night.

Also blows my mind how ONE freaking horrible illegal man downfield penalty and ONE fluke pick skews people's perceptions so badly...

260ish and 3 TDs passing with 70ish and 1TD rushing, and 1 int...if that was the statline...I really doubt anybody is throwing around C grades or calling his play "mediocre".

He threw several beautiful passes they just missed...and only threw 2-3 really "bad" passes.

And, to add to the 44 & 460, we did that from an offense that we don't normally run. We adjusted into an O (12 personnel) that could better combat the 3-3-5. Yes, we probably worked on it for a couple of weeks, but still...to go with something that is not your normal functioning, and still dominant like that!! We're so used to seeing long TDs to WRs that are spread out into the stands, or long runs by the RBs...we took what they gave us last night, went 2 TEs, and just bludgeoned them to death. They had no answer, whatsoever.

Also, add on the TD that was taken away by a screw job, we look EVEN MORE unbelievable!
Exactly 💯

VN Store

Back