Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Is there a way to see the most liked posts on the forums for the day? Love all the excitement and the traffic it’s driving. Just can’t keep up with everything and would love to be able to see the highlights. Any help appreciated. Go Vols!!
Just search for Jimmy Football’s posts and you’ll see all the best posts in a given day.

I'm rewatching the game and immediately the defenses physicality jumps out. This D Line plays with pro technique, they all use that double arm punch to keep the offensive lineman shifting his weight and showing them to shed blocks, stuff lanes and make plays........ That's when they're not pinning their ears back and blowing o linemen up.

NC State converted 3 times in the opening drive...... Then they substituted late and Tennessee subbed, at a turtles pace, with some gamesmanship and they burned the timeout. We were already winning one on one, but everything turned after that and we frustrated them at everything they were trying to do on offense from that point on.
Forcing NC State to burn the timeout was an alpha coaching move. Kept them from doing late subs the rest of the game.

Is there a way to see the most liked posts on the forums for the day? Love all the excitement and the traffic it’s driving. Just can’t keep up with everything and would love to be able to see the highlights. Any help appreciated. Go Vols!!
Scan this thread and save your time in other forums. If it is worth mentioning it almost always gets shared here. I pretty much stopped going anywhere else. It would be cool if they had a favorites feed.

I'm rewatching the game and immediately the defenses physicality jumps out. This D Line plays with pro technique, they all use that double arm punch to keep the offensive lineman shifting his weight and showing them to shed blocks, stuff lanes and make plays........ That's when they're not pinning their ears back and blowing o linemen up.

NC State converted 3 times in the opening drive...... Then they substituted late and Tennessee subbed, at a turtles pace, with some gamesmanship and they burned the timeout. We were already winning one on one, but everything turned after that and we frustrated them at everything they were trying to do on offense from that point on.
That dang spin move of Pearce's was a thing of beauty. That guy has the whole arsenal.

Scan this thread and save your time in other forums. If it is worth mentioning it almosr always gets shared here. I pretty much stopped going anywhere else. It would be cool if they had a favorites feed.
There used to be the most popular posts of the day on the old site. Sadly that didn’t make the transition. ‘Twas a nice feature.

just put Glitch on ignore and it will at least weed out the poor ones.

Why did you believe that?...was the abundant evidence of his suckassity in the SEC not enough to prove to you that taking him was a huge mistake? Why did you think that he could go up a few levels in difficulty and succeed when he had failed to play great in the SEC?

I think you just wanted to believe so badly, that you fooled yourself.
I saw him at practice. Talked to players and coaches.

Reactions: DD4ME
This Conor Stallions Netflix doc is interesting.

I don’t hate the guy for what he did. I would do it too for the vols if I had the capability 🤷🏻‍♂️
The difference is that the NCAA would have hit us with massive penalties, including lack of institutional control, given our coach a show cause, and prohibited us from playing in the playoffs.

At Michigan, the NCAA just ran a two-year coverup and delay tactic. They are still covering up what the computer crimes were.

Last edited:
The word 'elite' is being attached to this defense, as far as talent and depth. Do we believe it?
I think we are elite at some positions...but overall, I think we are a really good defense.

"Elite" level is really hard to reach in my opinion...I think we have seen several stacked elite defenses at all 3 levels from Georgia, Bama, and a few others like Clemsons a few years ago. I just don't know if I believe we have the horses or numbers in the defensive backfield to be truly an overall elite defense.

LB seems a little thin to me yet, but our guys are playing extremely well.

If we can ever start attracting elite HS DBs annually to jump on board....I do think we can get there.

VN Store

Back