Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Scan this thread and save your time in other forums. If it is worth mentioning it almost always gets shared here. I pretty much stopped going anywhere else. It would be cool if they had a favorites feed.
I agree. And I really do try to keep up with this thread, but itā€™s tough to do at the moment. I missed a few days and was all of a sudden over 200 pages behind in this thread alone. Again, thrilled with the level of excitement. Just unfortunate that I canā€™t keep up with all of it. Appreciate what everyone brings.

Whew! Finally caught up from yesterday. Many times I thought about giving up, but kept thinking ā€œwhat would @VolsDoc81TX and @SmokinBob do?ā€ I knew, like @Glitch serving and marching in his Crocs, I had to carry on.
šŸ‘€

Speaking of crocs, this was in the Arion Carter thread.....Screenshot_20240908_233440_Gallery.jpg
Just like the VOLS, Crocs are elite.

Offensively, that game was fairly similar to Pitt in 22. Not smooth. Never hit the high gears we saw later in the season. But still found ways to find points and impose our will.

The difference was the defense (which was also a bully in that Pitt game), but this time we got off the field on 3rd downs consistently.

The DL is so impressive. They just collapsed the NC State OL over and over and forced them to run things they didnt want to run all night. Absolute clinic.

The offensive explosion is inevitable and some poor opponent is going to get their doors blown off. I'm skeptical we find that at OU. Their defense will make things difficult, but i still think we come out of there with a win. My guess is we find that gear against Arkansas and leave their poor carcass scattered across their barren state.

Looking forward to it.

12-0 is on the table. No reason to have fear going into any game on this schedule. Now we are the one who knocks.

I saw him at practice. Talked to players and coaches.
I saw him actually play in real games, not against air...and he SUCKED...lol.

Players and coaches lying to themselves too.

Man I get it...you're a die hard Titans fan, you really wanted to believe that everything bad you had seen of him at UK was a mirage....you desperately wanted to believe that Titans management is smarter than you...you wanted him to be great, and I totally understand that...every year I REALLY wanted JG to show up and be what the coaches thought he could be, and what he looked like in practice...and you know how that went.

It is called suspension of disbelief and we all do it sometimes with something we really want.

I hope the Twos on the OL get a lot of play and film put down this week. With the potential of as many as 16 games this year, all the rotation we can manage seems to be a big plus.
I just hope they let them run the offense when they do go in. The reps would be much more valuable.

Reactions: Orange.
Eh, I'm not convinced you can't reset with a rookie if you take all that extra money to build an elite roster around that rookie. Situational of course but I just think the pieces around the qb are way undervalued and the qbs are over valued in the NFL with the exception of a few.

Purdy is a great example. Build an elite roster and even a Mr irrelevant can come in and have success. I'll never believe Purdy would have anywhere near that success at Washington or Carolina or some other bad team. It's the team that makes him so good.
Then explain how Tampa Bay goes 13 seasons without even qualifying for the postseason. Draft, develop, lose entire rosters, build another roster and even draft a Heisman winner and donā€™t even sniff the playoffs until they sign Tom Bradyā€¦then win the Super Bowl. These Niners couldnā€™t win with Garappalo or Trey Lance. Why couldnā€™t the TEAM make THEM ā€œgoodā€?

VN Store

Back