Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Kent St. Kent St. What do we want see in the Kent St. FOOTBALL game?
Lots of the second and third string. Hell, even the fourth string. As long as we have a nice lead, I'm okay with playing all the walk-ons in the fourth quarter. No reason to get any of the first string hurt.

So, just thinking about all the tight ends we are recruiting/have in the boat. Seems like all the two tight sets are something we want to do on the reg from this point.
I, too, was just thinking about tight ends.

gym_girls_19.gif

Last edited:
Then explain how Tampa Bay goes 13 seasons without even qualifying for the postseason. Draft, develop, lose entire rosters, build another roster and even draft a Heisman winner and don’t even sniff the playoffs until they sign Tom Brady…then win the Super Bowl. These Niners couldn’t win with Garappalo or Trey Lance. Why couldn’t the TEAM make THEM “good”?
Because they also mortgaged their future for that one Brady year. They brought in every piece Brady needed to be successful. He didn't play with the same team they had the year before. He wasn't the only change they made that year.

And garappolo looked just fine and he got paid way too much too, he got a record contract. He's a perfect example of what I'm saying. They overpaid him because he looked so good from all the pieces around him. And garapollo didn't even have mcaffrey like Purdy does.

So, just thinking about all the tight ends we are recruiting/have in the boat. Seems like all the two tight sets are something we want to do on the reg from this point.
I love the extra dimension it gives us. Want to drop and keep single coverages limited to prevent us going over the top? No problem, here are some badass TEs we'll beat you with.

97 colts won 3 games. 98 colts on 3 games. In my book. That’s terrible. They had the option to draft him because they were the worst team in the league. So….
I just saw somewhere here last week an X video clip of Peyton talking about the record he set his rookie year for most INTs in a season. Record still stands. Peyton said they were terrible and that coaches should not yank rookies: that's how he learned. Here's a different post referring to the same situation.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back