Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Because they also mortgaged their future for that one Brady year. They brought in every piece Brady needed to be successful. He didn't play with the same team they had the year before. He wasn't the only change they made that year.

And garappolo looked just fine and he got paid way too much too, he got a record contract. He's a perfect example of what I'm saying. They overpaid him because he looked so good from all the pieces around him. And garapollo didn't even have mcaffrey like Purdy does.
Do you “mortgage” a future if you win a CHAMPIONSHIP? What’s the point if that’s not your goal? And yes, there may have been a chess piece or two but TOM BRADY was the difference between the team that couldn’t make the postseason and the one that won the whole thing.

So the pay raise is what made the roster not work around Garrapalo? Same pieces that made the Super Bowl but QB makes too much money and now it doesn’t work? Didn’t have McCaffery, but he had Gore and Mostert…no Shanahan team can’t run. If it’s simply about handing off the ball and completing a high percentage pass, why couldn’t Trey Lance have led them to a winning record? And the Chiefs have won two straight Super Bowls AFTER Mahomes got paid top money. Think they’ll “mortgage” their future when his deal comes back up?

I want to agree...but I just don't think we will win that easily. I want to see how the offense performs in a true hostile environment against a Venables defense.

I hope you're right and we annihilate them and make them wish they had never left their little playground for the SEC.
People were worried before the NC ST game too. McCall was going to pick us apart and their Defense was gonna be too much for us to just waltz over. It was gonna be a dog fight....and then it wasn't. We will see, but I don't get vibes that scare me coming out of Norman.

People were worried before the NC ST game too. McCall was going to pick us apart and their Defense was gonna be too much for us to just waltz over. It was gonna be a dog fight....and then it wasn't. We will see, but I don't get vibes that scare me coming out of Norman.
Hopefully, Nico is a little sharper against Oklahoma. If he's on his game, not too scared about the Sooners.

I was worried!….almost called @Weezer 🤣😂😂😂
Why Would You Do That Terrible Thing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

VN Store

Back