Recruiting Football Talk VIII

It’s a connection from DFW to Chihuahua, MX…. There are no other seats.

It’s just gonna be me in this seat next to this sweaty elephant seal that apparently has business in Mexico…

For 2.5 hours. Jesus.
Tell flight attendant, with a side nod of the head toward bruh, "dogs are supposed to be small in Chihuahua." Go to see the Mexican Revolution museum in Pancho Villa's old digs.

Last edited:
So, just thinking about all the tight ends we are recruiting/have in the boat. Seems like all the two tight sets are something we want to do on the reg from this point.
I think it depends on the defense. I think we used lots of 12 personnel that game because they ran a 3-3-5 and bracketed the WR's all game. Took away deep throws. That meant we were going to be attacking underneath in the throw game and rushing the ball a lot. That means having 2 versatile TE's gives us better options. I think if a team lines up with 8 in the box and tries single coverage we will see more 3 and 4 WR sets and sling it around deep. Heupel is so good because he adapts to whatever will work based on how they are defended.

Television start time windows for Weeks 4-14 are defined as follows:
  • Early: 12 to 1 p.m. ET start
  • Afternoon: 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. ET start
  • Night: 6 to 8 p.m. ET start
  • Flex: Games flexed between the Afternoon (3:30-4:30 p.m. ET) and Night (6-8 p.m. ET) windows
The Volunteers have five Flex games on the slate, including Sept. 21 at Oklahoma, Oct. 5 at Arkansas, Oct. 12 vs. Florida, Oct. 19 vs. Alabama and Nov. 16 at Georgia. All of these games will feature a start time somewhere between 3:30-4:30 p.m. ET or 6-8 p.m. ET.

Tennessee's consecutive home games against Kentucky (Nov. 2) and Mississippi State (Nov. 9) will feature night kickoffs in Neyland Stadium in the 6-8 p.m. ET window. The Mississippi State contest serves as Homecoming, and it will be the Vols' first night Homecoming tilt since 2019. It's the fourth straight year that UT and Kentucky will face off at night.

In addition, Tennessee's Nov. 23 Senior Day contest against UTEP will start at 1 p.m. ET and be streamed on ESPN+/SEC Network+.

The Vols' regular season finale at Vanderbilt on Nov. 30 is in the early window (12-1 p.m. ET start).

Last edited:
Second best part of the weekend. Kentucky is terrible and SC thinks they are good but aren’t
I’ve seen post over on the Carolina forums that are now fully convinced they will make the playoffs…days after their entire board being convinced they only get 2 wins. Talk about whiplash

VN Store

Back