Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think it depends on the defense. I think we used lots of 12 personnel that game because they ran a 3-3-5 and bracketed the WR's all game. Took away deep throws. That meant we were going to be attacking underneath in the throw game and rushing the ball a lot. That means having 2 versatile TE's gives us better options. I think if a team lines up with 8 in the box and tries single coverage we will see more 3 and 4 WR sets and sling it around deep. Heupel is so good because he adapts to whatever will work based on how they are defended.
This. Heupel’s offense has rules and some teams have used those rules against UT. Having quality TEs makes the offense harder to read and makes a defense play slower. A TE that can add a gap to the OL and be a threat to run a wide route or up the seam makes defending this thing much cloudier.

Oklahoma in Norman is absolutely nothing like NCst in Charlotte.

Come on man..we may well win, but it isn't even close to a sure thing...and it sure as hell ain't going to be easy.
CJH and his staff knows the Oklahoma game isn't going to be a gimme. I don't care that Oklahoma struggled to beat Houston this past weekend. I remember in the glory years in the 90's Tennessee struggled with a few of bad teams, Memphis to be one of them.

I think it depends on the defense. I think we used lots of 12 personnel that game because they ran a 3-3-5 and bracketed the WR's all game. Took away deep throws. That meant we were going to be attacking underneath in the throw game and rushing the ball a lot. That means having 2 versatile TE's gives us better options. I think if a team lines up with 8 in the box and tries single coverage we will see more 3 and 4 WR sets and sling it around deep. Heupel is so good because he adapts to whatever will work based on how they are defended.
I think it kind of shocked the staff when for the first two drives NCST was dropping everybody on every play instead of following their normal M.O., which is to be very aggressive, blitz and play Cover 0...a lot.

I believe our game plan was blow them out over the top when they did their normal thing, but they stubbornly refused to play along and come out of their shell...so Heup finally said..Ok then, we will bring in 12 personnel and we are just going to stuff it down your throat.

NCST REALLY stuck with their plan...I get why., but it just didn't work out for them.

Picking your poison against us has to SUCK.

How far downfield can a lineman be on a pass in college football?

In college football, the NCAA allows ineligible receivers a maximum of 3 yards.

at 7 seconds in the video, one lineman was at the 45 other at the 46, line of scrimmage 43.

Looked like a couple of our linemen were around 4 yards downfield, so technically a good call, BUUTTTTT one of those that refs turn a blind eye to usually when the game is out of hand, so still a little surprised it was called

Reactions: GenRRN and almirUT
Looked like a couple of our linemen were around 4 yards downfield, so technically a good call, BUUTTTTT one of those that refs turn a blind eye to usually when the game is out of hand, so still a little surprised it was called
It looks to me when Nico threw the ball, one lineman was at 45 and other at the 46. Nitpicky call IMO.

NFL Organizations really don't care what fan bases think to be honest.
I didn't say they did.

And Vols fans don't care where any Titan players played in college. That's my point.

Yet some Titans fans have taken to blaming Vols fans whenever Vols fans say the same things they have said (formerly to laughter and agreement) for years.

People here have posted about Levis sucking and being a joke for five years. And notice that all of the many funny Levis gifs predate him as a draft pick.

It's just a coincidence that Levis is at the Titans. And that the Titans are in Tennessee. Vols fans would say the same thing about Levis no matter where he was playing, until he proved them wrong. But a Titans star can be from any college in the country and Vols fans will love him as a pro. The whole history of the Titans proves that.

The only new thing that has been introduced -- and the only thing to connect the Titans to Vols fans -- was Kentucky fans celebrating and trolling that Vols fans are now required to root for Levis. That was a stupid thing to do, but they're Kentucky fans and KY fans are all about stupid.

I was just asking if I had overlooked even one Titan who has been disliked by Vols fans because he was not a Vol. I don't remember a one. And if Levis is traded one day, I think people will deride Levis wherever he plays. It will prolly be more frequent because I know, for myself at least, it takes a lot of the fun out of it that I have many friends here and family members who are Titans fans.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back