Recruiting Football Talk VIII

you ever see Mincey's selfie gif he posted on vacation (by himself)?View attachment 675644
I think he got it backwards when he said we's miss him. Imma call him El Matadore, cause he has a future.
If you have never taken a vacation by yourself (more accurately ‘for yourself’), then you’re missing out

By the looks of it, he's been hanging out around Jimmy Hyam's gumbo pot.

View attachment 675649
Team America Vomit GIFs | Tenor

I think we have the best DL in the SEC, but South Carolina is top 3 right now it looks like.

We're deeper and more talented overall, they've had a bit more favorable matchups since ODU tries to pass with long developing passes and Kentucky OL is just trash. We've also had the 4th fewest pass attempts per game against us at just 23. South Carolina has also been on the field more which helps their defensive numbers, we're only giving up 54.5 plays a game right now (5th lowest in SEC) and they're on the field 67.5 (5th highest in SEC).

But honestly their pass rush and having 10 sacks is why everyone is creaming their pants about their DL. We've only generated 4 sacks thus far.

Also take into account we've subbed far more than South Carolina too. They've had to play their starters for the majority of their two games whereas in game 1 ours played just the first half and against NC State most of the defensive starters weren't playing the 4th.

I think we have the best DL in the SEC, but South Carolina is top 3 right now it looks like.

We're deeper and more talented overall, they've had a bit more favorable matchups since ODU tries to pass with long developing passes and Kentucky OL is just trash. We've also had the 4th fewest pass attempts per game against us at just 23. South Carolina has also been on the field more which helps their defensive numbers, we're only giving up 54.5 plays a game right now (5th lowest in SEC) and they're on the field 67.5 (5th highest in SEC).

But honestly their pass rush and having 10 sacks is why everyone is creaming their pants about their DL. We've only generated 4 sacks thus far.

Also take into account we've subbed far more than South Carolina too. They've had to play their starters for the majority of their two games whereas in game 1 ours played just the first half and against NC State most of the defensive starters weren't playing the 4th.
They have played Lube U with a swiss cheese OL and a shipping company. Granted we haven't played much either, but to say that the chickens have a top DL in the SEC may be a little premature.

this will balance as season progresses. Their DL is good, not close to great though. LSU, Ole Miss, Bama over the next 4 weeks. Exposure.

Woah. I didn't start the rubbish fire but I definitely did not extinguish it.
I want you to know, it's not personal, but I don't like you. And shouldn't you be posting on an Arky State board, at least until the end of the season?

Also, Saban needs a coffee refill.

Haven’t watched the SC/UK game yet, but I’ve gotta think Kentucky’s offense was slower developing than NCST as well.

Every time they tried the run game we were right there. Every time they tried to throw it was something super quick that they barely had time for. The sack number difference doesn’t quite tell the story.

They have played Lube U with a swiss cheese OL and a shipping company. Granted we haven't played much either, but to say that the chickens have a top DL in the SEC may be a little premature.

It's not, and they do. It's honestly the only reason they're 2-0 and not 0-2 right now.

Trust me I've watched both their games. South Carolina is JUST an elite pass rushing DL at this point. They're not very good at defending the run either. But top 3-5 DL in the SEC. Vols and Georgia are clearly better. Bama and maybe Texas are better.

The biggest pretender at this point is Missouri but honestly they don't appear to face a real team until end of October when they go to Bama. Hoping Boston College can put up some points on them...

Last edited:
It actually makes sense that Bama isn't on this list. How motivated could they be to donate a buttload of money after they just won 6 titles in 15 years?

It’s wild to me we had a group of guys that seen the landscape of CF in the future to get ahead of the curve and start laying the foundation..this stuff was coming up during the Pruitt era we were really playing chess while everyone else was playing checkers.

VN Store

Back