Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think we have the best DL in the SEC, but South Carolina is top 3 right now it looks like.

We're deeper and more talented overall, they've had a bit more favorable matchups since ODU tries to pass with long developing passes and Kentucky OL is just trash. We've also had the 4th fewest pass attempts per game against us at just 23. South Carolina has also been on the field more which helps their defensive numbers, we're only giving up 54.5 plays a game right now (5th lowest in SEC) and they're on the field 67.5 (5th highest in SEC).

But honestly their pass rush and having 10 sacks is why everyone is creaming their pants about their DL. We've only generated 4 sacks thus far.

Also take into account we've subbed far more than South Carolina too. They've had to play their starters for the majority of their two games whereas in game 1 ours played just the first half and against NC State most of the defensive starters weren't playing the 4th.
People are obsessing because that freshman is a freak. I agree with the assessments. I am not worried about sacks because we've literally altered teams play to account for our pressure. USC had the advantage of catching teams off gaurd.

Being called mediocre is never a compliment....it is a bitch directed at the player for not performing as high as YOU thought he should.

Nico played a great game even if it was not the best he could do on any given day.

Well, no, mediocre is not a compliment and that's a dumb adjective to describe his game against NC St. He played very well and is already being held to a high standard after 3 starts. On a Nico scale I think that was a C game and that's a compliment to how good he is.

Their defense is going to play like their hair is on fire.

Too many folks in here are expecting a dog walk...and that is not going to happen, I hope it happens..it COULD happen if Nico and WR posse are all in the zone, and the Okie defense and all their fans gets demoralized quickly, but I do not think that is what will happen.

I think with it being in Norman, it will be a tough struggle.

If we win, which I would pick us to because I believe we are the much better team....I am thinking a 24-27 to 17-20 type of game.
I disagree. Heupel will be out for blood. There is a reckoning coming. We will see the full arsenal on offense and defense. Vols win big again.

1726072761077.png

Do people hold disdain against Dooley? He seemed like a nice guy that was way in over his head. I wish him the best unlike the other 3 you mentioned.
That's how I feel about him. Heck, if they hired me for millions of dollars to do a job I was unqualified for, I'd take it. I don't blame him for taking a job he never should have been offered. Seemed like a nice enough guy that was overpromoted. Pruitt I despise, and Butch I abhor more than any other coach we've ever had.

Woah. I didn't start the rubbish fire but I definitely did not extinguish it.
Dude...you should ditch the avi and username...that guy is universally hated here, so I almost ignored you right off the bat just because it is a pure troll move.

But you don't seem to post like a troll...yet..

Just going off what I saw. 3rd hand information but it was corroborated. Who knows. Apparently you're pretty sure he never was though.
“Corroborated” by some nameless “aunt, a half-step neighbor in law and two posters on a message board…pretty heady stuff. I go by this.

They didn’t buy into what Butch was doing in Knoxville. Apparently WILL MCBRIDE did so Butch thought he was a better fit? It’s the same take I have on Sam Howell. Helton didn’t pursue him heavily but between FSU and his eventual choice (UNC) we weren’t getting him. The HC is the ultimate reason for a program’s success or failure, but for some fans to create “He was a done deal but the HC didn’t want him.” fan fiction to torture themselves further is an exercise in defeatism.

Being called mediocre is never a compliment....it is a bitch directed at the player for not performing as high as YOU thought he should.

Nico played a great game even if it was not the best he could do on any given day.
Watching this highlights this point.

He had two bad throws, the pick and was off to Squirrel. Otherwise is was a methodical A performance.

VN Store

Back