Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Not sure if this has already been posted…but I just read that Oklahoma lost their starting center for the season with hip surgery…should bode well for the Vols next Saturday
Yeah, it's been mentioned. Sorry for the kid but the circumstance is not unwelcome. I fervently hope our OL has a healthy year. And also that our backups get good game experience this week.

Just going off what I saw. 3rd hand information but it was corroborated. Who knows. Apparently you're pretty sure he never was though.
Grew up a Tennessee/Manning fan...True.
Had Manning posters on his wall...True.
Has family in East Tennessee...True.
"Wanted to and was ready to commit"...I have never heard that from any reputable source...ever.

Ehhhh I didn't like the call, but he had one foot at 3 yards and one foot at almost 4 yards beyond the LOS. I thought it was a petty call, but the fact that there was a DB in the vicinity trying to cover receivers probably prompted the call. It DEFINITELY wasn't a phantom call. It may have been a picky call and maybe even wrong by a foot or two, but it wasn't completely baseless and made up. OL should know better not to even get close. I think it was just barely a wrong call, but it was very very close.

Another thing to consider is he threw the flag right away, so I'm wondering if the OL had already gone more than 3 yards earlier, but it's off camera and he was just waiting for a pass to throw a flag. We can't see what happened before the throw because the camera is so far back from the LOS where the OL in question were. If the OL goes to 5 yards then comes back to 3 yards before the pass is thrown, it's still a penalty.

All in all, very close. Would need a wider angle to say for sure if it were wrong, but even if it was a bad call, it was super close.
View attachment 675085
When in doubt, whip it out?

I'm talking about the penalty flag, @Weezer

Their defense is going to play like their hair is on fire.

Too many folks in here are expecting a dog walk...and that is not going to happen, I hope it happens..it COULD happen if Nico and WR posse are all in the zone, and the Okie defense and all their fans gets demoralized quickly, but I do not think that is what will happen.

I think with it being in Norman, it will be a tough struggle.

If we win, which I would pick us to because I believe we are the much better team....I am thinking a 24-27 to 17-20 type of game.
I agree with all of that except our winning margin, which I think will be larger. And you said. of course, a bigger margin "COULD happen." We will get their team's and fans best effort. It will be war out there.

"Mediocre"...."C+"...😏
Since I’m the one that gave the offense a C+, I’ll bite. I gave it that grade because of the slower start (13 points at half), penalties, not as sharp on the deep passes, and we threw 2 picks, one being a pick 6.

In reality, we could have had 2-3 more scores by the offense in the first half. It wasn’t mediocre (I never said that), but it was slightly better than average for a Heupel offense.

And you know it’s a compliment to say we put up a 50 burger and it wasn’t the best, right?

Do people hold disdain against Dooley? He seemed like a nice guy that was way in over his head. I wish him the best unlike the other 3 you mentioned.
Seems you need to do a bit more learning about ole Dooles. Start with his thoughts on recruiting, particularly the state of Tennessee, and players like Vonn Bell.

Reactions: hooter vol
Haven’t watched the SC/UK game yet, but I’ve gotta think Kentucky’s offense was slower developing than NCST as well.

Every time they tried the run game we were right there. Every time they tried to throw it was something super quick that they barely had time for. The sack number difference doesn’t quite tell the story.
NC State would beat USCe

Since I’m the one that gave the offense a C+, I’ll bite. I gave it that grade because of the slower start (13 points at half), penalties, not as sharp on the deep passes, and we threw 2 picks, one being a pick 6.

In reality, we could have had 2-3 more scores by the offense in the first half. It wasn’t mediocre (I never said that), but it was slightly better than average for a Heupel offense.

And you know it’s a compliment to say we put up a 50 burger and it wasn’t the best, right?
His issue is with the VolQuest guys who gave the offense a C (or C-?). They were explicit that they were judging against this offense at its best, and even blatantly stated that it is a compliment, in that if that performance was a C-, imagine how good they are! In several videos since, they've gone even further to clarify and compliment.

Yet here we are...

Do people hold disdain against Dooley? He seemed like a nice guy that was way in over his head. I wish him the best unlike the other 3 you mentioned.
He took our money and did nothing for our football program. He is not welcome on Rocky Top under any circumstances.

It adds character
Wrong Gif GIFs | Tenor

The 21 teams we scored 40+ against from 2013-2020:
TeamUpper Tier SECLower Tier SECMid/Low Tier P5/P4Mid MajorFCS
Austin Peay✅
Western Kentucky✅
Chattanooga✅
Kentucky✅
Iowa✅
Bowling Green✅
Western Carolina✅
Kentucky✅
Vanderbilt✅
Northwestern✅
Virginia Tech✅
Tennessee Tech✅
Kentucky✅
Missouri✅
Georgia Tech✅
Indiana State✅
ETSU✅
Chattanooga✅
South Carolina✅
Vanderbilt✅

The 21 teams we scored 40 against from 2021-2024:
TeamUpper Tier SECLower Tier SECMid/Low Tier P5/P4Mid MajorFCS
Tennessee Tech✅
Missouri✅
South Carolina✅
Kentucky✅
South Alabama✅
Vanderbilt✅
Purdue✅
Ball State✅
Akron✅
LSU✅
Alabama✅
UT Martin✅
Kentucky✅
Vanderbilt✅
Virginia✅
UTSA✅
South Carolina✅
UConn✅
Vanderbilt✅
Chattanooga✅
NC State✅

September 11, 1985
Pete Rose of the Cincinnati Reds becomes the all-time hit leader with his 4,192nd hit, breaking Ty Cobb’s record. Rose lines a 2-1 pitch off San Diego pitcher Eric Show to left-center field for a single in the first inning. It’s the 57th anniversary of Ty Cobb’s last game in the majors.

1726077017380.png

VN Store

Back