Recruiting Football Talk VIII

If you don't know what the Lion and witch were doing in the wardrobe, then it's definitely Narnia business.
Oh, we certainly know what they were up to in there, and it's that sort of behavior that left them with those long term STDs they picked up in that "magical" land... you know, the chronic ills of Narnia.

I'll see myself out....

Since I’m the one that gave the offense a C+, I’ll bite. I gave it that grade because of the slower start (13 points at half), penalties, not as sharp on the deep passes, and we threw 2 picks, one being a pick 6.

In reality, we could have had 2-3 more scores by the offense in the first half. It wasn’t mediocre (I never said that), but it was slightly better than average for a Heupel offense.

And you know it’s a compliment to say we put up a 50 burger and it wasn’t the best, right?
Grading on a curve? Offense wasn't playing on air, defense has some influence on the outcome. The outcome was that we won by 41 against a spread of 9. Objectively dominant. Could they have played even better? Probably, but I hardly think that justifies giving them a lower grade.

Seems you need to do a bit more learning about ole Dooles. Start with his thoughts on recruiting, particularly the state of Tennessee, and players like Vonn Bell.
I remember quite a bit but it's obviously been a while. I definitely remember Vonn Bell's recruitment. I thought Dooley prioritized him heavy? I think the weirdo at the hoops game that was shouting to him and telling him "we need you!" might have turned him off.

Reactions: Brillovol
He took our money and did nothing for our football program. He is not welcome on Rocky Top under any circumstances.

Just feel like out of our last 4 HCs he's the least unlikeable by a very wide margin. I don't love the guy but he's not quite Satan like the other 3.

UT fans for the past 2 decades...
Man On Fire GIFs | Tenor
A tasing or two and most people recover. 😂

In all seriousness, I've made a concerted effort in the Heup era to achieve a complete psychical change. Those days have no bearing on the present.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back