Recruiting Football Talk VIII

The Vice channel also had the WWE Rivals series. They were all pretty good but the Undertaker vs Mankind episode was fantastic. If you remember the Hell in the Cell match, then it's an episode that needs to be watched.
I listen to Corny on YouTube too, if you can stand the language, its fantastic. Corny is literally a wrestling historian.

WWE is pretty good right now. Cody Rhodes is the champ. He's a true-blue, bona fide baby face. It's kind of boring though, doesn't have any good heels after him. Triple H is running the show. He needs to find another Brain, someone who hates Cody so much, and throws a stable of heels at him. Like Brain did to Hogan.
Yes yes yes. You have to have good heels. Cornette does a podcast about the problems with wrestling today and that's his main gripe.

Yes yes yes. You have to have good heels. Cornette does a podcast about the problems with wrestling today and that's his main gripe.
It's actually one of the negatives that came from Hollywood Hogan, Austin, and some others. They blurred the lines of face/heel. Austin was a heel, but he was so beloved, he became something else entirely. Heels are supposed to be booed out of the building; but, Austin changed all of that. It started with Hollywood, but Austin took it to whole other level. Heels as faces...as much as I LOVE!!! Austin, he spearheaded that, even if he didn't mean to.

View attachment 675850
So we throw about 8% less passes than expected and over 60% of them are play action?
Do you ever think she’s learning your responses and questions and evolving even more? Do I need to build an underground bunker and lay in the goods based on how you now doesn’t correct you that she’s not Sally? I’m skert.

Anywhere, anytime, big boy. You don’t mind if I post pictures of you crying for mercy?
You and Enki practicing a little S&M? No judgement.

Enki be like

giphy.gif

It's actually one of the negatives that came from Hollywood Hogan, Austin, and some others. They blurred the lines of face/heel. Austin was a heel, but he was so beloved, he became something else entirely. Heels are supposed to be booed out of the building; but, Austin changed all of that. It started with Hollywood, but Austin took it to whole other level. Heels as faces...as much as I LOVE!!! Austin, he spearheaded that, even if he didn't mean to.
Absolutely, I think Flair probably was the OG, but not on the same stage as Hollywood and Austin. McMahon mainstreamed it with the feud, made it ok to love the heel and it made Austin's merchandising go thru the roof. I had several Austin shirts back in the day as did all my buddies. Man the Monday night wars were must see tv.

Absolutely, I think Flair probably was the OG, but not on the same stage as Hollywood and Austin. McMahon mainstreamed it with the feud, made it ok to love the heel and it made Austin's merchandising go thru the roof. I had several Austin shirts back in the day as did all my buddies. Man the Monday night wars were must see tv.
I firmly believe when Monday Night Raw gets switched to Netflix in January you will see more of the Attitude Era again.

Reactions: Volunteer821
Agree on number 1. Going old school with rest of mine. Yes, grew up watching Mid Atlantic Wrestling

1. Road Warriors (snack on danger, dine on death is greatest line of all time)
2. Ole and Gene Anderson ( Minnesota Wrecking Crew)
3. Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood
4. Paul Jones and Baron Von Raschke
5. Von Erich brothers
Mid- South wrestling out of Memphis - it had the best
Jerry (The King) Lawler
Superstar Bill Dundee
Tojo Yamamoto
Tommy(Wildfire) Rich
Mongolian Stomper
Lance Russell was the main announcer
Those were the days😎

My top 5 Heels:

The Iron Sheik
Jake the Snake Roberts
Terry Funk
Rowdy Roddy Piper
The Mongolian Stomper

(I miss the old wrestlers from the 80s/90s)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back