Recruiting Football Talk VIII

What are people's thoughts on Mike Matthews? I know Ringo looked electric against MI. Do we think Matthews is ready? Do we think he will have much of a role?

I have been so focused on Bru and Brazzel I have not put a lot of thought into it.
I think you don’t have another WR quite like him, I think you find ways to get him the ball. And midway through the season you’re calling shot plays for him to get behind the defense. Remember spring?

I was sick to my stomach when Fulmer trotted Pruitt out to the podium when we were a signature away from hiring a genius pirate.
Okay using my retrospectoscope…
Without pruitt, we don’t get DW then we don’t get CJH.

Given our current situation, I can live with the shame of the pruitt years. Happily now!

16-0 🤠

What is the best tailgate dish I can make with the free Dukes Mayo I got from the game?

I make a decent burger sauce with it. Forget the exact measurements bc I just go by feel now but it’s approx:

1 cup dukes
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tbsp worcestershire
2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
2 tbsp stone ground mustard
Half an onion minced
2-3 finely minced garlic cloves

Cook the onion for a while and the garlic a minute or 2. Throw in some black pepper, paprika, and whatever else you’re feeling. Normally I don’t feel like taking much time to prepare it and just throw together the dukes, ketchup, and any of the other ingredients I have on hand w garlic and onion powder. Never been disappointed. Mayo is the base of every sauce ever so you may end up with something like cane’s sauce or big Mac sauce.

@Orangeredblooded ,figured I'd share in here since you ask occasionally, and others can help us pray. The California bladder thing that didn't work out may be back on the table now. Mayo has been working with her Dr here, and got her tube's out of her kidneys. She's fair, and the case worker for my insurance asked her what happened with the whole bladder thing. She explained the tubes caused more infection, the funding wasn't there like the Dr's hoped, etc. The case worker asked if Tiffany cared if she called the Dr herself, she's been talking with her for over a year trying to help. Anyway, looks like we're going to go meet the Dr's, and discuss the surgery. Not only did the case worker get our travel and lodging fully funded, but the complete cost of the transplant if they do it. I get they'd get recognition for a breakthrough procedure since they funded it, but talk about God opening a door. We'd completely quit thinking about it, but looks like we're heading out there to discuss the possibility.
🧡

Absolutely, I think Flair probably was the OG, but not on the same stage as Hollywood and Austin. McMahon mainstreamed it with the feud, made it ok to love the heel and it made Austin's merchandising go thru the roof. I had several Austin shirts back in the day as did all my buddies. Man the Monday night wars were must see tv.
Yes, they were. It was banger show after banger show, by both companies, for 2 years or so. WCW was must-watch all the way up to Starcade 97 (that build-up to Hogan/Sting was an all-timer), then they dropped the ball at the PPV, and then proceeded to continue dropping it for the most part.

If they had had a good booker, they would have nailed Starcade, incorporated Bret way better, and developed their other talent...they had several all-time greats in the locker, and could have cared less. If WCW had had a better booker/leadership, just think what they could have done with Bret, kept the NWO a smaller faction, built up Goldberg, then developed the likes of Jericho (who's top 10 all time), Eddie G., Beniot, Booker T...the list goes on and on. Just imagine, the war could have went on for a lot longer...that's why I say WCW killed WCW. I wish I could have booked it. 😃

Yeah, you're right...Nature Boy was beloved, even as a heel; although, during his feud with Dusty... yeah, he had his diehard fans, but he was loathed by many, as well, because SO MANY absolutely LOVED Dusty. Idk if Austin was ever hated like that, even during the beginning stages of his feud with Bret. Wrestlemania 13 is when Austin REALLY started getting over. He owes so much to The Hitman.

My top 5 Heels:

The Iron Sheik
Jake the Snake Roberts
Terry Funk
Rowdy Roddy Piper
The Mongolian Stomper

(I miss the old wrestlers from the 80s/90s)
Macho Man

Mr. McMahon

Flair

Piper (somebody stabbed him at a show, they hated him so much!!! No Hulkamania without him.)

DiBiase

Pre-Starcade 97 Hollywood Hogan (greatest, most devastating heel turn in the history of the biz...and, a brilliant move.)

Any one of these 6 could be #1.

But, do you put Austin on this list? Rock? Triple H, definitely...one of the greatest heels ever. What about Andre? Hitman was a great heel. Angle. HBK. Mr. Perfect. Rude. Honky Tonk Man. Billy Graham. Larry Zybysko (i wasnt old enough to see it firsthand, but i can only imagine whenever he turned on Bruno...some consider it the greatest heel turn of all time). Funk. Vader. Sgt Slaughter was DESPISED after his turn during the Gulf War (his best work ever). Sheik is definitely up there. Jake, too (Jake deserves more credit as being one of the ABSOLUTE greatest to ever do it. He was the total package...ring work, on the mic, promos, the whole nine).

Corporate Rock...all I should have to say. Played a MASSIVE role in getting Austin even more over.

If we're including managers, Brain and Cornette are DEFINITELY on the list...at the top.

I could talk about this forever...

VN Store

Back