Recruiting Football Talk VIII

You act like he’s been muddling in the minors for 20 seasons. He was in effin COLLEGE a few months ago! Are you posting from some Eastern European country where the exchange rate makes that $297 k cartel launching loot? He gonna do a hostile takeover of Google? Needs something cuz his resume is shot.

I’m not disagreeing with his resume, it’s done.

I’m just saying taking 297k isn’t the worst move someone can make.

He could’ve actually just quit and walked away with nothing.

My Granddad used to say "Hard times make hard people, soft times make soft people." We've had soft times for quite a while, if it ever hit the fan again people would get tough or die.
My Pappaw used to say that, but he just added more to it, he said it like this.."Hard times make hard people, those hard people make soft times, which make soft people, and those soft people make hard times and on and on and on"

He used to tell me we were in for a bad fall down the road..but I didn't really believe it would happen so soon.

My Pappaw used to say that, but he just added more to it, he said it like this.."Hard times make hard people, those hard people make soft times, which make soft people, and those soft people make hard times and on and on and on"

He used to tell me we were in for a bad fall down the road..but I didn't really believe it would happen so soon.
Peepaws always know

I think you’re the one that’s lost twin
Let me slow down for you and your undiagnosed head trauma. The dude is a few months into a career. He was a SIXTH ROUND PICK. The organization had an investment in him! The minor league season is almost over! Why is quitting or tanking your name the only two options?

That’s gonna be amazing. That pic was from June. I think that’s the best month that’s not late September/early October. Still snow caps and not yet fire season. Roaring waterfalls, crisp skies. You can do Hidden Falls! Inspiration point is difficult. Man I love that place.
The only reason we didn't get to Inspiration Point last time is because they were doing trail maintenance and close it between lower Inspiration Point and the actually Inspiration Point, and we didn't want to go all the way back down to the boat dock to take the other trail that winds it's way up there.

I've got a system figured out that works for us, because yeah, it gets stupid expensive. I get seasons passes for the kids every Christmas (and for me too because I'm just an old kid), and buy them using their payment plan. Three kids + me = equal number for the rides. One of the first years we did it we went in to grab lunch and for the 4 of us to get lunch, and drinks, and some dessert thing it was $104, no exaggeration. So since then I've been experimenting with different options, it started with packing a cooler and having a picnic in the parking lot. Since then its evolved to me wearing a backpack cooler, filled with snacks and sandwiches, and we have two of the unlimited drink plans that they offer, and also pack refillable water bottles. With the gold seasons passes parking is free, entry is paid for, and we have all-year access (we're actually going to Scarowinds tonight, weather permitting), they also had a concert series this year. All that to say, Dippin' Dots is pretty much the only out of pocket expense while we're there. It works well for us!
That's the way we always did it with Busch Gardens Tampa-SeaWorld passes.

Reactions: bigorange
That’s gonna be amazing. That pic was from June. I think that’s the best month that’s not late September/early October. Still snow caps and not yet fire season. Roaring waterfalls, crisp skies. You can do Hidden Falls! Inspiration point is difficult. Man I love that place.
1726240457419.jpeg

I knew Memphis was out west, but damn they taking it a little too far.

With the current playoff format, would think a school like Cal or Stanford would love to be in a conference where they are almost a shoe in for a playoff spot so long as they don’t lose to the only other good school in the conference.

100%

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Let me slow down for you and your undiagnosed head trauma. The dude is a few months into a career. He was a SIXTH ROUND PICK. The organization had an investment in him! The minor league season is almost over! Why is quitting or tanking your name the only two options?
Okay now let me slow it down for you.

1. Not every pro player enjoys that lifestyle once they get to the league. What other options does he have? Tell the coaches “it ain’t for me” doesn’t get paid, and quits anyways?

“no hE sHoUlD bE MiSeRaBlE fOr hIS wHoLE cONtRaCt tHEn qUiT”

2. This kid literally said “I want the season to be over” WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU? He didn’t care to be there. He never wanted to be there.

Sometimes the money is too good to pass up, and I’m not passing up on 300k, chief

Reactions: Brillovol

VN Store

Back