Recruiting Football Talk VIII

If Kent St. Is as bad as advertised, then yes Sampson can pull those numbers off by halftime. The starters should play majority of 1st half.
This is what I’m banking on. I think they let him get some stats and he breaks some long ones, but agree it has to happen in the first half or I’m cooked

People gotta stop believing fake news
It always shocks me, but then reminded how J6 and Q happened. The Gullibles never fail

Many folks still figuring out this internet thing 30 years later lol (not directed at anyone here btw - but if RGW is still gettin ya, then you deserve a good kick to the nuts 😅)

Do people not realize the Titans fanbase Venn diagram is not two overlapping circles of Titans & Vols?

Signficant portions of Mississippi, Kentucky, and Alabama are also Titans fans.

Many Vols fans aren't even Titans fans. Just looking through this forum that is apparent, but nobody is pleading for all Vol fans to become Titans fans, because we'd all recognize that as absurd. Yet, people complain when the Titans get and draft players from rival universities.

And oftentimes it seems the people complaining are fans of a different NFL franchise in the first place who, wait for it, also don't peddle to the Vols or any other college fanbase.

I hope we get him when Heupel goes to Oklahoma.
Heupel goes to oklahoma in a little over a week.
He’s going to embarrass them badly.
That’s the only return to Oklahoma that’s ever going to happen.
CJH has realized what a real fanbase is. Now that he’s been indoctrinated into the Big Orange lifestyle, no way does he take a step down…

16-0 🤠

He is what he has always been and always will be...a big armed guy who is a massive choker whose mind blows up at the worst moments.

I don't see how people don't understand that....he is the same QB he has always been and always will be.

I get why they have hope...he will make several splash plays and beautiful throws where he looks like one of the greats...and then he inevitably completely spazzes out and looks like Nathan Peterman against Florida.
He absolutely will not last. A QB who has never executed a game-winning drive in his college or professional career won't become a franchise QB in the pros. The greats make their mark on the game by winning in those moments, and he turns the ball over chronically in those moments.

With the new contract, ABC shows games all day, so the better ones are on ABC. Alabama plays on Fox because it’s at Wisconsin. OU and Texas play on ESPN. I actually don’t think the night games on the SECN get great ratings. The afternoon games on Saturday get better ratings.
Okeydokey...just seems really odd to me.

Do people not realize the Titans fanbase Venn diagram is not two overlapping circles of Titans & Vols?

Many Vols fans aren't even Titans fans. Just looking through this forum that is apparent, but nobody is pleading for all Vol fans to become Titans fans, because we'd all recognize that as absurd. Yet, people complain when the Titans get and draft players from rival universities.

And oftentimes it seems the people complaining are fans of a different NFL franchise in the first place who, wait for it, also don't peddle to the Vols or any other college fanbase.
Did Vol fans pitch a fit when they drafted Derrick Henry? I honestly don't remember. I think casual Titans fans didn't like the Levis draft because they didn't like Levis not because he played for a rival. They didn't like him because of his personality and because he sucks as a qb. That's just my opinion.

Probably already posted, but in the last 3 games our defense has scored 21 points and given up 6.

Iowa: Pick Six
UTC: Punt block TD
NC St: Pick Six
Let’s keep this trend alive for at least 14 more games.
Of course, it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if the trend continues through many years to come. Say 14+ more seasons? That would be some good karma…

Reactions: VolunteerVandiver

Never have and never will be a Titans fan because I lived too long before the state got a franchise. Not speaking for anybody else, but I think any resentment from Vols fans stems from their apparent avoidance of drafting ANYBODY from the program. There’s gotta be somebody they’d take a flyer on…but they’ve resisted. Their team…not ours.

VN Store

Back